Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Producing workers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Andrews
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
What is the interpretation of producing workers when multiple workers are on the hex? Can you produce a worker for each worker present like the other resources? Are you limited to 1 at a time? If you produce multiples and uncover a cost how do you deal with that? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Like any other resources, you produce 1 worker for each worker present on the tile.
you have to pay the visible cost before producing.
Any cost revealed by the production of workers will only be applicable the next time you produce any other resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heishiro1976 wrote:
Like any other resources, you produce 1 worker for each worker present on the tile.
you have to pay the visible cost before producing.
Any cost revealed by the production of workers will only be applicable the next time you produce any other resource.

Just to give official confirmation: This is correct on all counts .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify. You can only produce workers on village spaces. I think you probably were aware of that, but thought it best to confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brock

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, receiving benefits (of course, after paying the costs) is optional in Scythe. On a Village territory that has three workers, can you produce one or two workers instead of the three that would normally be produced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. On a village with three workers after you pay production costs, you can produce 3, 2, 1, or 0 workers on that hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. This literally came up last night, and I got the rule wrong. I thought a village only produced 1 new worker, to prevent rapid-fire deployment of all your workers. I can't remember the exact text in the rule book that made me think that, but I clearly misread something. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fine to rapid-fire produce workers, but after you do that, when you take the Produce action (to produce anything--resources or workers), you'll have to pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Andrews
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Perfect! That's what we did, it just seemed a little suspect to produce so many workers for such a low cost. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J0shandrews wrote:
Perfect! That's what we did, it just seemed a little suspect to produce so many workers for such a low cost. Thank you!

The cost isn't low at all - you just pay the cost on subsequent actions after the workers are out, not on actually getting them into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Diebold
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
It's a good way to get some fast Stars (Workers, Targets). Maybe to easy?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arythas wrote:

You win with points, not stars! The number of times I've seen people hit 6 stars and lose!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arythas wrote:
The problem with speeding to get the 8-worker star is that, for the rest of the game, you're paying 1 Power, 1 Popularity and 1 Coin every time you want to Produce resources. And if you concentrate on producing workers, you're not producing enough of the other things that you need to really get your engine going, which means you're going to have to produce a lot from then on out. And that cost gets painful very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Andrews
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
It is certainly a double-edged action. Good way to quickly get a star. But staring up too quickly makes it difficult to accumulate money. And then the resource thing... it does get spendy. I like the idea that while it seems like a quick and cheap way to earn a star there is actually more that needs to be considered depending on where you are in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Andrews
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Fun game! My family is really enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.