Subject: Haunt #20 question: can the groom defend against attacks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Daniel Bronozo
Philippines
flag msg tools
Can the groom defend against attacks? It says in the traitor's tome:

"He will not move or take any actions during the scenario but can be attacked."

Does this mean that the groom takes all the damage of attacks by the traitor and the full effect of the ghost bride attacking the groom?

What will be the groom's movement speed once dead?

Thanks,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually an active hero will be the chosen groom. The sentence you quoted only applies if there are no male heroes available to be chosen, in which case the traitor player chooses an unused male hero from the box and adds him to the game. In either case, the groom still rolls dice when attacked (doing so is not an 'action').

Regarding the movement issue, the Traitor's Tome says:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
How to Get the Bride Married:
1. Kill the chosen groom. He then becomes a ghost under your control. He drops all items, including the Ring.
2. Put the chosen groom and the Bride in the Chapel.
3. Start the wedding.
4. At the end of each of your turns, advance the Turn/Damage Track to the next number, beginning with 1. The wedding will be complete on Turn 3.

My interpretation of the wording of step 2 is that the figures are immediately placed in the Chapel, without having to roll for movement, etc., and this is why no Speed is listed for the ghostly groom. If the intention had been to force the traitor player to move those figures in the usual way (rolling dice, counting spaces), then the word "Move" would have been used instead of "Put", and he would have been given a Speed trait.

So, effectively, once killed, his figure is moved immediately to the Chapel (and no longer matters to the story).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniel Bronozo
Philippines
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification! We played it with me (Ox Bellows) as groom since the traitor had the ring at the start of the haunt. The traitor said that I cannot take any actions. So I did not roll dice for defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.