Hide
3 Posts

Rummikub» Forums » Rules

Subject: Has this ever happened to you? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Freeman
msg tools

Last night playing Rummikub, I ended up with a total of 30 tiles in my rack and could not even muster 30 points. (The maximum play I could make was a 3-4-5 run. The only other play I had was a set of threes.) What are the chances of this? What are the rules when this happens? I felt like it was the equivalent of 'shooting the moon' in hearts....we had a discussion about it and since I had over 200 points in my 'hand,' and honestly could not play, it seemed unfair to penalize me for that. All of the unused tiles had been picked up and nobody was able to go out since I was holding so many useful tiles in my hand.

For the curious, this is what I had: (B=blue, b=black, r=red, y=yellow)
1 (B), 3 (B, b, y), 4 (2 x b, 2 x r), 5 (2 x B, b), 6 (2 x r, y),
7 (b, y) 8(B, r), 9(2 x b), 10 (2 x y, b), 11 (B, y), 12(b, r),
13(b, 2 x B)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pfeiffer
United States
Surfside Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfair or not you incur the penalty. It's just one of those rare occurances that happen and you simply live with it. Solution = Play another game and it most probably will not happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Romano
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rummiq wrote:
Last night playing Rummikub, I ended up with a total of 30 tiles in my rack and could not even muster 30 points.

That happened to me at a friend's New Year's Eve party once.

I kept drawing tiles, but I never got enough points to make a starting play.

A friend even tried to help, but not even he could make a play with my tiles.

If you're interested in reading about it, I wrote about that experience as entry #4 in the following geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/10932

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.