Subject: Western Co-op? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Ball
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone suggest a co-op or solo for a western theme? I checked out Shadows of Brimstone, and I like the open-ended explorations and leveling up, but wondered if there were other games out there I might be missing?

If this helps, I'm kind of thinking of the mini-series, Lonesome Dove (or possibly Django) and how elements from Robinson Crusoe, Dawn of the Zeds, Warfighter might play into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birdie
msg tools
Grimslingers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of the Untamed West: Blood in the Dust

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Ball
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendations! Both look intriguing. Too bad I missed out on the Grimslingers' Kickstarter.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birdie
msg tools
I missed the Grimslinger kickstarter too, I just happened upon it at retail store. Thankfully too, I'm loving it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Birdiebone wrote:
I missed the Grimslinger kickstarter too, I just happened upon it at retail store. Thankfully too, I'm loving it!

Thanks for saying so and sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
playball wrote:
Can anyone suggest a co-op or solo for a western theme? I checked out Shadows of Brimstone, and I like the open-ended explorations and leveling up, but wondered if there were other games out there I might be missing?

If this helps, I'm kind of thinking of the mini-series, Lonesome Dove (or possibly Django) and how elements from Robinson Crusoe, Dawn of the Zeds, Warfighter might play into it.

Disclaimer, I designed Grimslingers.

I only know a bit about Shadows of Brimstone. It certainly has more content than Grimslingers by far and is more open ended. BUT I'd say for just 30 bucks USD, Grimslingers will give you one very fun co-op jaunt through a weird west!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Ball
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Stephen. I'm onboard...well, at least at the train station looking to get on when the next edition/reprint becomes available. The $50 price gouging on Amazon goes against my principles, so I'll be patient. If the game is available stateside at MSRP and I'm missing it for some reason, please direct me to where I can get a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
playball wrote:
Thanks, Stephen. I'm onboard...well, at least at the train station looking to get on when the next edition/reprint becomes available. The $50 price gouging on Amazon goes against my principles, so I'll be patient. If the game is available stateside at MSRP and I'm missing it for some reason, please direct me to where I can get a copy.

AWESOME! Yeah I think the amazon thing is so high because...you can't really get it anywhere else?

The only luck you might have to find it stateside is a FLGS store. Otherwise the next print run will be available at the start of January...though I dearly wish it had been ready for Christmas sales.

UGH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Ball
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, thanks! The game is easily worth the wait, so not a problem on my end. As a fellow artist, I found it inspiring on many different levels... game play, art, story, characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
playball wrote:
Ok, thanks! The game is easily worth the wait, so not a problem on my end. As a fellow artist, I found it inspiring on many different levels... game play, art, story, characters.

Well thank you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you finally get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Train Heist sounds fun and is pretty thematic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone knows that cowboys are REAL men.

And REAL men don't need no co-op.

Therefore co-op westerns are oxymoronical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.