Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have a city-pair with no connection cost that straddles multiple regions and one of those is not in use, does it matter to which city connections are drawn to? For example, in Italy without Yellow can you connect from Firenze to Livorno for $5?

e: the closest thing I found in the FAQ was "You cannot skip through cities that are in unused areas this game.", which Pisa would be in that example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
e: the closest thing I found in the FAQ was "You cannot skip through cities that are in unused areas this game.", which Pisa would be in that example.

Yeah, so you can't go through Pisa in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always played the entire region is out of play, thus you cannot use any cities or connections that cross region boundaries.

BTW - I remember Italy has a specific warning about if not including a specific region which can cut off one of the other regions cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
BTW - I remember Italy has a specific warning about if not including a specific region which can cut off one of the other regions cool

It doesn't, it only has four sentences on the sheet at all! One of them is "Combined with relatively high connecting costs in some parts of the country due to natural geography, players will often find themselves short of cash.".

We didn't cut off any regions though - 2-player, using the three southernmost - Brown, Purple, Red. Livorno would still have been accessible to Roma for $19, but we assumed that the $5 to Firenze was legal.

On closer examination, Livorno has no connections in-colour at all if its $5 to Firenze is disallowed! So Red, Aqua, Blue (already a bizarre map) would leave the city stranded...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules handy, but here's a post from Henning of 2-F Spiele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
I don't have the rules handy, but here's a post from Henning of 2-F Spiele

Thanks for the link! Never thought about connected regions being distinct from connected cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.