Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is my understanding correct that a player can buy ONLY one era card at the beginning of their turn?

2. Is my understanding correct that when purchasing an era card that costs 4 or 5 talents the player can exchange one of the cards in his hand with any of the cards available to purchase on the game board?

I'm sure these are both correct, but just wanted to be safe.

Had my first solo play yesterday, lost 42-47! The game is great and there's quite more brain burning than I expected, which is awesome. Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Claudio!

Let's answer your questions:

"1. Is my understanding correct that a player can buy ONLY one era card at the beginning of their turn?"

-> yes

"2. Is my understanding correct that when purchasing an era card that costs 4 or 5 talents the player can exchange one of the cards in his hand with any of the cards available to purchase on the game board?"

-> yes - one of the other 4 cards

"Had my first solo play yesterday, lost 42-47! The game is great and there's quite more brain burning than I expected, which is awesome. Well done!"

Thank you - hope you also enjoy the multiplayer game!

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick confirmation!

Indeed, I'm looking forward to trying it multiplayer as well.

Just one more thing, out of curiosity: what is the thematic explanation you give to the "exchange dice" action that a player can perform when taking income?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"Just one more thing, out of curiosity: what is the thematic explanation you give to the "exchange dice" action that a player can perform when taking income? "

It's a kind of intrigue :-)

Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
irongames wrote:
"Just one more thing, out of curiosity: what is the thematic explanation you give to the "exchange dice" action that a player can perform when taking income? "

It's a kind of intrigue :-)

Bernd

Here's my thinking: each of the 3 dice in your home represent a faction of society that your leadership back home favors. So changing them around means you're enacting laws in favor of patriarchs, or plebians, or (whatever the 3rd color is). And while doing this, you're also collecting taxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Here's my thinking: each of the 3 dice in your home represent a faction of society that your leadership back home favors. So changing them around means you're enacting laws in favor of patriarchs, or plebians, or (whatever the 3rd color is). And while doing this, you're also collecting taxes

Sounds good to me!

As mentioned in the other thread, I think purple might represent your access in general to resources and equipment, so maybe for that color you`re enacting laws in favor of merchants? I think that would make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.