7 Posts

Kanagawa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do brushes gained from diplomas count for other diplomas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Chojnacki
Germany
flag msg tools
My girlfriend and I disagree about this, so we'd like to know what you think. Example: You have a boar in your print and decide to paint a stag. You decide to take the Boar+Stag diploma, which gives you an extra brush. Now you have three brushes available to use in your studio. Does this mean you are now eligible for the 3x Brushes diploma, or must you have 3x Brush symbols on cards that are in your studio?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may take the brush bonus. It's about the number of brushes you own, not about the number of brush symbols in your studio.

Oops I'm afraid this was explained incorrectly to us at Spiel. I just had a look in the rulebook and on page 15, where the tiles are explained it says the bonus tile refers to the symbols found in your studio.

rulebook page 15 wrote:
diplomas associated with your Studio: these Diplomas refer to the elements found in your Studio.

changed my mind again. See below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 11 where the taking a bonus tile is explained, the rules also refer to your print (and not physical components):

German rulebook page 11 wrote:
Sobald deine Grafik die Voraussetzungen eines noch in der Tischmitte liegenden Diploms erfüllt, musst du sofort entscheiden, ob du es/sie nimmst oder liegen lässt – um es noch besser zu machen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dirk_M wrote:
I just had a look in the rulebook and on page 15, where the tiles are explained it says the bonus tile refers to the symbols found in your studio.

rulebook page 15 wrote:
diplomas associated with your Studio: these Diplomas refer to the elements found in your Studio.

It says elements, not symbols. In this rule explanation video (in french), the author says that it's possible to gain a brush from a diploma and immediately use it to claim a brush diploma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
mbmbmb
According to page 15 in the rulebook. The diploma that gets you a brush for a boar and a stag will give you a physical brush token. The diploma that gives you points for brushes is specifically for the brushes in your studio on the cards not the physical meeple tokens. There are 4 cards in the deck with the Icon on the studio section of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MagicCoffee2284 wrote:
The diploma that gives you points for brushes is specifically for the brushes in your studio on the cards not the physical meeple tokens.

Where did you get that? The rules talks about "elements in your studio".

As I wrote earlier:

Quote:
In this rule explanation video (in french), the author says that it's possible to gain a brush from a diploma and immediately use it to claim a brush diploma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contrary to what I posted before, I pretty sure
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
is correct:
It is the way the game was explained at Essen, it is how the author explains it in the video and the rules indeed talk about 'elements' (not 'symbols') in your studio. And somewhere on one of the first few pages of the rules it is mentioned that the physical brushes are part of your studio.

Problem solved I would say (and I'm glad that we did play it right after all )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.