Subject: Story Mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Woden Ducky
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so this is completely untested, but here it goes. Instead of going for one of the 6 victory conditions, you will need to complete the story line. I do realize this will more than likely make the game last longer and is harder than the normal victories, but you are guaranteed a Wonder at the end. You start with the first part then move to the next after you achieve the goal. You claim the reward right when you achieve the goal. Each part has an effect that applies only while you are trying to finish that part. So here it is.

The Xeno are a mysterious species. They don't tell us much about them, but we know they are far more powerful than us. Our greatest minds are curious to know more about the species. We shouldn't live in fear forever. Let's find out what they are, but this may backfire and anger them.

Steady ourselves for possible doom!

Goal: Stability to the Star

Effect: If something was to reduce your Stability below 0 and your Culture is 4 or more, then you may reduce Culture instead.

Reward: Gain a free advancement.

Make sure our population is good enough!

Goal: Have 20 or more units on the board.

Effect: When you use the Grow action you may discard extra cards. For each card discarded you gain 1 extra unit in any sector you control. If you use this, you may not use the Plan action this turn.

Reward: You may Settle a world for free, if possible.

We need more resources!

Goal: Have 6 or more worlds in your Tableau that aren't your Home-world.

Effect: If you are not able to settle a world during a normal Settle action, you may create a new world and place it in your tableau. If a challenge comes up with a value of 6, then discard a world in your tableau that is not your home world.

Reward: Add an Advancement to each world in your tableau that is not your Home-world, if able.

Finally train our strength!

Goal: Might to the Star.

Effect: If something was to reduce your Might below 0 and your Culture is 4 or more, then you may reduce Culture instead.

Reward: +3 Units in any one Sector you control.

Time for the Xeno to show themselves!

Goal: Xeno to the Star

Effect: Double any effect that adjusts the Xeno Track.

Reward: Gain 2 free advancements.

Reward for completing the entire Story Line: A free randomly determined Wonder in any sector you have a world for in your tableau.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rwinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Come read my Arkham Horror stories on Twitter @ArkhamHorror
badge
Image courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat ideas. It seems like you could make several mini-goal templates with a sequence of objectives to hit. Have you tried it out yet?

When you destroy the worlds in the edge condition during We need more resources does that mean you discard the world into the deck, or do you actually destroy the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woden Ducky
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I totally forgot about that distinction. I mean Discard the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woden Ducky
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean? This is one entire thing. They are all to be played together in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rwinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Come read my Arkham Horror stories on Twitter @ArkhamHorror
badge
Image courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
mbmbmbmbmb
OdinofDuckies wrote:
What do you mean? This is one entire thing. They are all to be played together in order.

Right. You tell a story by hitting different objectives in a certain order in a game. But you could also change the order and write a different story around it, or make different conditions or effects for the other stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woden Ducky
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ya I plan to expand on this much further. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.