Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Young
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello, just a question here.

I'm intrigued by the system, in particular the Higher Command section, and have been reading through the Mike Rizzo advanced rules set. It mentions a Decision rating, which for love nor money, I cannot find in the counter description and display.

Can anyone give me a heads up to where I can find the Decision ratings for Commanders? I've worked my way through the charts etc and can see how this would be a marvellous mechanism for generating a check against the "all seeing" gamer.

Cheers
Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rose
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gary

Just had a quick glance - are you possibly referring to the "decision number" (which is generated on the Command Decision table)- alternatively there is an officer rating on the same chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Young
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Keith,

not quite mate - I think....!

I think I'm after the value that appears on the named officers counters (Winterstorm Advanced rules, 1.1 Commanders, 3rd para) - their Decision Rating. These ratings, when used to influence Command Decisions are then apparently modified on the Decision Rating Modifiers table before being added together; the total corresponding to the appropriate column on the Weight of Opinion table. (please tell me if I am wrong about this procedure!)

I can see the SUP and OP HQ ratings (Command etc) on the counters in the Counters description (ver 3.01r) , but not the Named Commanders! And I can't see the officer rating either!! (If they are in an obvious place I'm going to feel pretty stupid!)

Anyway, thankyou for your help - I don't own a copy of any of the games in this series (given the expense and the limited gamers budget I'm on), but I'd like to try my hand at retro-fitting some form of this (which I think is brilliant), to a game I do have, Duel for Kharkov.

Cheers
Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rose
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I see. I think this may be the number that appears on the back of the HQ counters rather than the leader counter. Each HQ has the historical commanders name on the back along with what's described as a "decision limit" in the printed rules. This value is repeated on the bottom of the high command tables.
Winter Storm is an excellent rule set and a lot of the ideas have been copied in other rules, oddly enough when I got this game I also looked at duel for Kharkov.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Young
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks Keith - your reply and some scouting of the different counter sheets of the various games has cleared up some of the confusion. I'll continue my wee odyssey.

I have the Cosi version of DfK and am reading the rules now. They are in a format I've not seen before. (No bullet points or numbering, but arranged in paragraphs under alphabetical subheadings; not hard to understand, but would be difficult to cross reference quickly). In my opinion, it's looking like an excellent study on the battles around Kharkov although I'd like to get my hands on Lost Victory or Von Manstein's Backhand blow just for comparisons sake.

Cheers
Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.