Subject: App to replace the Book of Tales rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L & K Punzet
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
Given iPad integration with XCOM, Alchemists etc. is there any chance that there could be an app that saves having to look everything up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't look for it at the moment, but there are 2 apps on android that replace the matrix part of the book. They haven't inputted the text; either because of copyright or because it would take an age!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L & K Punzet
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
I am aware of the app, but given that Zman is owned by Asmodee (who also owns FFG, who made XCOM, Mansions of Madness 2nd ed) and the simplicity of the task, I can't see any reason this can't be done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have asked this question before too. This is already a wonderful game. An app would make it even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An app would allow the game to be played solitaire, I would think. However, I would never use it. A major part of the joy of this game is having another person read your fate to you, miserable or blessed. And laughing. I would never want an app to do my storytelling for me, or to me.

An edit - I'm remembering so many times where the reader was convulsed with laughter, trying to deliver the player's fate to them. An app? No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjmelen wrote:
An app would allow the game to be played solitaire, I would think. However, I would never use it. A major part of the joy of this game is having another person read your fate to you, miserable or blessed. And laughing. I would never want an app to do my storytelling for me, or to me.

An edit - I'm remembering so many times where the reader was convulsed with laughter, trying to deliver the player's fate to them. An app? No.

Clearly the answer is to have it read things out loud, and laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already been done and the author can't release it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1576641/designing-totan-...

Also, not quite as "simple" as some would make it out to be.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1576848/errata-found-whi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Agents of SMERSH it has just such an application.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.