Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ollie Hunt
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm considering suggesting to my team at work that we do a team building board game. Any suggestions?

I'm happy to open the thread to any suggestions (ideally with reasons why you think the game is good) but I'd really appreciate something specifically applicable to my team.

I'm in a team of seven people and I have a particular interest in increasing communication and collaboration. Space Alert is a particular favourite of mine but doesn't support seven and the real time aspect isn't necessary (but isn't a showstopper either). As far as I'm aware, none of the team is a regular gamer so simplicity of rules is important.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ollie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if something like Dixit might work. Relatively simple game that asks players to get into the mindset of other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Room 25: Season 2 think of the movie The Cube as a board game (assuming you've seen that). There is also a new "escape room" expansion coming out that supposedly simulates those. Speaking of which, maybe one of those 'escape room in box' type of things would be best.... or see if someone is running one near where you work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tavener
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like to donate your body to science?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ubongo or even Ubongo: Duel, with teams would be a good pick. I brought this to a work meeting, and it was a major hit. It's super easy to learn, tense and exciting and everyone can get a laugh out of someone jumping up and shouting "UBONGO!" Don't even really have to play a full game by the rules, just try to race each other to complete the puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Captain Sonar is a real-time (or turn-based) competitive co-op game played in teams, and plays up to 8. I've heard good things about it, but haven't played it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Bay Area Regional Planner, a PnP with plays up to 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest Space Alert, but it looks like you've already thought of that.

Mashpotassium wrote:
Captain Sonar is a real-time (or turn-based) competitive co-op game played in teams, and plays up to 8. I've heard good things about it, but haven't played it myself.

I think this is a good suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
I was going to suggest Space Alert, but it looks like you've already thought of that.

Mashpotassium wrote:

I think this is a good suggestion!

Yes, +1 Captain Sonar.

If your group is not afraid of looking or acting a little goofy, I think Doctor Panic is a good one for this situation as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Mashpotassium wrote:

From what I've seen it works with 6 or 8, might be no-go at 7. Also haven't played it, but needing an even number of players make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Carrier
United States
Bolton
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Concept All about understanding how we think we communicate. You may mean this but people interrupt it differently. How can you communicate differently to get your idea across.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.