$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

The Oracle of Delphi» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1 shrine per island tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, just playing our 1st game,can't seem to find anything in the rules about how many shrines are allowed on one island tile? If red explores an island tile and it matches a symbol on one of their shrine tiles then they place a shrine on the island tile and just receive the bonus of the Zeus tile, then it says in the rules "if another player uncovers an island tile matching 1 of your Zeus tiles, place a shrine on the respective Zeus tile as a reminder" why do this?
Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say Red explores and finds the spot for his Omega shrine --> he puts his Omega shrine on the spot and gains the reward for the shrine.

Let's say Red explores and finds the spot for Blue's Omega shrine --> Blue puts his Omega shrine on his Omega shrine cardboard token as a reminder to know that this spot has been already revealed so he knows he has only his 2 others shrines to discover.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. So it's only one shrine per island tile?
Another question
How do you keep track of what coloured statue you have delivered? As all three statue tiles are white (any colour, but they have to be different colours). Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:

How do you keep track of what coloured statue you have delivered? As all three statue tiles are white (any colour, but they have to be different colours). Thanks.


as a reward for delivering a statue you get one companion card in the colour of that statue. So you know which statue you have delivered by simply looking at your companion cards.
To answer your first question: there are 12 island tiles for the shrines. There are 3 unique colored tiles for each player. So as the red player, you have to find 3 red islands.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, just playing our 1st game,can't seem to find anything in the rules about how many shrines are allowed on one island tile? If red explores an island tile and it matches a symbol on one of their shrine tiles then they place a shrine on the island tile and just receive the bonus of the Zeus tile, then it says in the rules "if another player uncovers an island tile matching 1 of your Zeus tiles, place a shrine on the respective Zeus tile as a reminder" why do this?
Thanks.
Please do not look at the Greek letter when discovering an Island tile, only look on the colour in the background to check if it is your island!
This should make clear that only one player is allowed to build a Shrine on Insland tile.
And just to be sure: If you build your Shrine, you DON'T get the additional bonus depending on the Greek letter.

To the 2nd part of your question: It helps you to keep the overview about how many of your 3 islands are already discovered.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ahhh, got it now, I was looking at the greek letter. all clear now, thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apple Brains
msg tools
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derftymutt wrote:
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?


You complete the task when you build your shrine on a tile of your color that has been previously explored by anyone (including you).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derftymutt wrote:
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?


when another player discovers your tile, he gets the bonus for the geek letter. later you can place your shrine on that tile to complete your task (discard the zeus tile) and get the zeus bonus.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apple Brains
msg tools
Pelle666 wrote:
derftymutt wrote:
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?


when another player discovers your tile, he gets the bonus for the geek letter. later you can place your shrine on that tile to complete your task (discard the zeus tile) and get the zeus bonus.


If that is true, how does "Note: If another player uncovers an Island Tile matching 1 of your Zeus Tiles, place a Shrine on the respective Zeus Tile to remember." (taken from the rules and also being discussed here) fit into it? If you place your shrine when another player discovers your tile, hasn't your task thus been completed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derftymutt wrote:
Pelle666 wrote:
derftymutt wrote:
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?


when another player discovers your tile, he gets the bonus for the geek letter. later you can place your shrine on that tile to complete your task (discard the zeus tile) and get the zeus bonus.


If that is true, how does "Note: If another player uncovers an Island Tile matching 1 of your Zeus Tiles, place a Shrine on the respective Zeus Tile to remember." (taken from the rules and also being discussed here) fit into it? If you place your shrine when another player discovers your tile, hasn't your task thus been completed?


You place your shrine on your task cardboard tile above your playmat, not on hexagonal tile on the board.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derftymutt wrote:
Pelle666 wrote:
derftymutt wrote:
ok, and so you place your shrine AND discard the zeus tile, ie. task completed? (but so when another player discovers your tile you don't get the zeus bonus, but you do complete a task)... that's correct?


when another player discovers your tile, he gets the bonus for the geek letter. later you can place your shrine on that tile to complete your task (discard the zeus tile) and get the zeus bonus.


If that is true, how does "Note: If another player uncovers an Island Tile matching 1 of your Zeus Tiles, place a Shrine on the respective Zeus Tile to remember." (taken from the rules and also being discussed here) fit into it? If you place your shrine when another player discovers your tile, hasn't your task thus been completed?



When another one discovers your island tile matching your zeus tile, you place a shrine on the Zeus Tile (not the island tile)above your player aid so you know that this tile has already been discovered. When you get to that island tile later, you can now take your shrine from your zeus tile and place it on the discovered island tile. Now your task is completed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apple Brains
msg tools
aha! that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifying!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A possibly daft question - why are the shrines white? Since each player has three, and they can only go on the appropriate matching island, why are they not of the players' colour...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:

A possibly daft question - why are the shrines white? Since each player has three, and they can only go on the appropriate matching island, why are they not of the players' colour...


It's possible that they didn't want people to mistake the placed shrines for temples.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:

as a reward for delivering a statue you get one companion card in the colour of that statue. So you know which statue you have delivered by simply looking at your companion cards.


I don't see it clearly state that you get one companion card in the colour of that statue. Quoting from the rules: "You receive Companion Cards as a reward for Raising Statues. There are 3 different Companion Cards in each color, each with an individual permanent ability:"

Sounds like you can pick any companion card, in any colour. Even on page 11 describing the Raise a Statue action, it only says "Take the reward of your corresponding Zeus Tile and discard the Zeus Tile." The Zeus tiles don't show any colours.

It makes sense that you should only be able to choose the coloured companion card of the statue you delivered, but it doesn't state that anywhere. Should this be an errata, or am I missing it somewhere?

Edit: I just found it on page 6 (odd to only have it there) under Statues, that you have to match the colour of the statue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.