Subject: Please Outline Champions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vitaliy Voloshchuk
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mb
Just picked up my copy. Everything looks fine except champions. When you hold cards in hand, it is not clear which card is action and which is a champion. Shield icon is on the bottom, so you cannot see it, and you need to read a tiny text on top of the card, which describes its type. It is really unhandy :(.
P.S.: In Star Realms, bases were easily seen because of their orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
I've not tried the print and play as I'm waiting for the real deal to arrive. However, I'm certain the champions had a border on the top which isn't present on actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitaliy Voloshchuk
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, now I see it, however as for me, it is too tiny and not easy to focus on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Z
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I demo'd this yesterday and had the exact same issue. I actually ended up shuffling my Champions back into my hand several times. It was a print and play, so I'm hoping the final product is easier to spot. The orientation from Star Realms was the key. I'm certain I'll adjust, but it's weird that it happened to several of us now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Overall, this happens a lot to us when we play Ascension too. My gaming partners tend to shuffle their trophy monsters and constructs into their deck, which sort of breaks the game.
I mostly think it's because they're not paying attention, chatting at the same time as they discard their field.
It happens to me sometimes, when I'm confused because of an extremely complicated turn - Happens with Realms Unraveled and Dawn of Champions, which tend to lead to utter nonsense sometimes.

I haven't played Hero Realms yet so I can't help you with this specific layout, but my best advice would be to take your time when discarding, and go over each card. Keeping your field clear and tidy might help too. Like, putting champions close to you, and action cards closer to the trade row. That way, you'd only clear the upper part of your play field at the end of your turn. You would have no incentive to discard champions. Champions would be tapped anyway so you should be able to tell them apart if you untap them at the same time as you discard action cards (yeah I know, expanded. But it's not as visually clear.)

Note that you might already be doing this for all I know. I'm not trying to imply that you make a mess of your field But some of my friends definitely can't keep their part of the table understable for anyone!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.