4 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on 3 Rebel setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Liming
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we are starting a new campaign with 3 rebels and have a question on the setup.

If I understand it correctly, we each choose a rebel hero and a single activation token. One player will have a second activation token. Is this correct?

Then, if I read it correctly, to balance the game, each rebel player also gets to select a reward from the deck. This isn't random but rather intentionally selected. Again, is this correct?

If I am right, then finally, is it acceptable that rebel 2 and 3 select the "Legendary" rewards each (there were two in the deck)? This gives each of those players an additional activation token and +10 health.

How far off am I? It seems correct, but it all seems that the balance has shifted too heavily to the Rebels.

Comments, questions, hallucinations?
Thanks in advance for replies.
BL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
In 3-hero setup all rebel heroes get the Heroic reward cards (there are 3 of them). The cards specify what to do with the 4th activation token. (Legendary rewards are for the 2-hero setup, thus there are only 2 of them.)

Also, the hero with the extra activation token cannot take the second activation until all other heroes have performed their activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, one player has a second activation token, but they need to hand it to a different player each round.

No, you do not get the "Legendary" reward - each rebel gets the "Heroic" reward, which gives less health than the Legendary reward and also contains the instructions for handing off activation tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Liming
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I did read it incorrectly then. The Imperial scum may indeed have a chance next mission. Ha.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.