Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Just to be sure about the way to play...:

1) Do we place a renown cube on the vineyard when choosing a yard during set-up?

2) If we chose Douro as a vineyard during set-up, reference book says that we receive a wine of quality 2/5 depending if we decide to do Porto or Douro wine. Do we still receive the 2 +3 Porto tiles (or 1 if we decide to do Porto right from the beginning?)?

3) When picking up a magnat tile at the end of the fair, do we refill the display right after picking one up, so that next player can chose among the same number of tiles, or this refill action is only done once everyone passed?

ADDED AFTER EDIT:

4) During fair, when it comes to use Wine Experts to increase our faire score, can we use several experts of the same type to multiply extra points? For instance, let's say that the red Expert brings 2 additional fair point this year. Can I play 2 red Experts to get 4 additional points?

5) On vintage tile, when an expert symbol is indicated with an arrow, it means that we get an addtional bonus point during fair if playing this Expert. If we play several Experts and all have this "extra point" indication, we only receive it once (example page 13 of the rulebook, is it correct?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
1) Do we place a renown cube on the vineyard when choosing a yard during set-up?
Yes.

kakawette wrote:
2) If we chose Douro as a vineyard during set-up, reference book says that we receive a wine of quality 2/5 depending if we decide to do Porto or Douro wine. Do we still receive the 2 +3 Porto tiles (or 1 if we decide to do Porto right from the beginning?)?
If you choose Douro during set-up, you receive 2 Porto tiles. You may choose to spend one immediately to make your initial wine be of quality 5 (leaving you with one), or you may choose not to do so and keep both tiles for later (and your initial wine will be of quality 2).

kakawette wrote:
3) When picking up a magnat tile at the end of the fair, do we refill the display right after picking one up, so that next player can chose among the same number of tiles, or this refill action is only done once everyone passed?
The magnate tiles are discarded and refilled only after all players have passed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clear answers.

Also:

4) During fair, when it comes to use Wine Experts to increase our faire score, can we use several experts of the same type to multiply extra points? For instance, let's say that the red Expert brings 2 additional fair point this year. Can I play 2 red Experts to get 4 additional points?

5) On vintage tile, when an expert symbol is indicated with an arrow, it means that we get an addtional bonus point during fair if playing this Expert. If we play several Experts and all have this "extra point" indication, we only receive it once (example page 13 of the rulebook, is it correct?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
4) No, you can only send one of each type (2016)
5) No, you may receive one extra point per expert. Since you cannot send more than one of each type you can get 4 extra point at the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
The English rules are not completely clear on this, but by my reading of the following:
English rules, p12 wrote:
For each wine feature depicted on the Vintage tile, you may discard 1 face up Expert, whose expertise matches the wine feature, in order to earn Fair Points equal to the number of symbols depicted on the Vintage tile for that Wine Feature.
it sounds like you can only play one Expert for any particular feature. So, to use the example on pages 12-13, Orange could discard one Aroma (green) Expert and one Taste (red) Expert, but not two Taste (red) Experts.

kakawette wrote:
The example on page 13 does not qualify, as the Aroma (green) Expert that Orange discarded did not have the arrow symbol. However, if you were to discard two Expert tiles, each of which had the arrow symbol, each Expert would give you one additional Fair Point.

So, let's imagine that the Aroma (green) expert in the example on page 13 did have the arrow symbol. Orange would then get a total of +6 Fair Points for her Experts:
+3 for the discarded Wine Expert tile that specialized in Taste;
+1 for the symbol with the arrow on the Taste Expert tile;
+1 for the discarded Wine Expert tile that specialized in Aroma;
+1 for the symbol with the arrow on the Aroma Expert tile.

EDIT: :ninja:d by the developer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you.
For 5) I don't know why I was sure I saw 2 arrow symbol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
5) No, you may receive one extra point per expert. Since you cannot send more than one of each type you can get 4 extra point at the most.

Hello Vital.
What's the point of this arrow then? Why not just add another Expert red/green/yellow/blue symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
newrev wrote:

Hello Vital.
What's the point of this arrow then? Why not just add another Expert red/green/yellow/blue symbol?

In the 2010 game, the arrow (which really should be pointing upwards ) adjusts the track for the specific feature. (it points to the right because the tracks were left to right in the original game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
newrev wrote:

Hello Vital.

Probably because the mechanic works differently in the 2010 version and both versions share components.

EDIT: ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
newrev wrote:

Hello Vital.

If the Expert tile you send to fair has an arrow, you advance one more point at the fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhhhh I've just realized what my mistake was...
I was looking for the arrow on the Vintage tile, but the one that matter is on the Expert tile. That is why I was wondering the use of this arrow symbol whereas another additional red/blue/yellow/green symbol was the same for me.

Now it is clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.