Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a lot of fun with this game. A friend of mine picked it up and I only showed half interest in playing it. By the beginning of round two, I was hooked.

Question: At the beginning of the round Vegas dice are rolled and claimed. So player 2 won and claimed a value five vegas die. Player 2 now does what? Does he lock the 5 by putting it behind his shield or leave it out with the intention of re-rolling? Must he make the decision now?

Part 2 to this question: If player 2 took the value 5 Vegas die he just won but presents a value 2 die as the favor to the Godfather, can the Godfather demand the Vegas Die, knowing it's a five and that's what he wanted? Basically, can the Godfather use the information he has about the values of the Vegas dice in determining what he is going to demand in the Offer they can't refuse.

The way we played it was, player 2 took the value 5 vegas die and said, "I'll keep this one" and it was now known that he had a 5 die behind his screen making it fair game to be stolen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TWrecks wrote:
We had a lot of fun with this game. A friend of mine picked it up and I only showed half interest in playing it. By the beginning of round two, I was hooked.

Question: At the beginning of the round Vegas dice are rolled and claimed. So player 2 won and claimed a value five vegas die. Player 2 now does what? Does he lock the 5 by putting it behind his shield or leave it out with the intention of re-rolling? Must he make the decision now?

Part 2 to this question: If player 2 took the value 5 Vegas die he just won but presents a value 2 die as the favor to the Godfather, can the Godfather demand the Vegas Die, knowing it's a five and that's what he wanted? Basically, can the Godfather use the information he has about the values of the Vegas dice in determining what he is going to demand in the Offer they can't refuse.

The way we played it was, player 2 took the value 5 vegas die and said, "I'll keep this one" and it was now known that he had a 5 die behind his screen making it fair game to be stolen.

Part 1 - He/She must make the decision immediately. If it is rerolled, it's done behind the screen.

Part 2 - Technically the Vegas die is now behind the player's screen. There's unfortunately a bit of sleight of hand to this because the player should not announce whether he/she chose to reroll the Vegas die. If the die was rerolled, it may not be the value that was already taken. If the die was not rerolled, then the Godfather can take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so the reroll if done, is done immediately. Otherwise they place the locked roll behind their screen and it is up to the GF to figure out if they kept it or not.

Either way, the Vegas Die is fair game to be stolen is what I'm taking away here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unsure of how this works.

What's to prevent the player from rolling the vegas die anyway, even if he "locked it in"?

All dice are behind their screen and no-one is going to know? How can you prevent cheating in this regard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.