Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Delve Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

I've been searching for some FAQs with regards to the Delve that recently got released, and I haven't found anything yet. Would anyone know if damage and/or fatigue are recovered between rooms? And if used Search items are automatically shuffled back into the Search pile, or if the search is finite.

In any case, loving the Delve so far. Easily my favorite of the releases that they have for Road to Legend. Though setup is a big pain since there's a lot of Monster shuffling if you've got a big collection.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I believe these things are explained in the beginning of the delve.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new update to the Road to Legend rules PDF, page 13. I did not see anything about recovering between rooms. I don't think you do. But perhaps when you transition from Act 1 to Act 2 you will as you also flip your hero card. The app will most likely have all of the extra information.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2a/23...
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
search items are finite.. kind of
after room 3 flipped/used items are returned and shuffled back in..

after a room you tended to get 3 health back.. not sure if this is affected by how well you did..
also you can remove a condition from 2 heros

after a room you get items based on how well you did lowest i have is 3 and most i had was 6 so far think i've seen someone report 9 ? each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection

after room 3 things switch to act 2 monsters and items..




2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
search items are finite.. kind of
after room 3 flipped/used items are returned and shuffled back in..

after a room you tended to get 3 health back.. not sure if this is affected by how well you did..
also you can remove a condition from 2 heros

after a room you get items based on how well you did lowest i have is 3 and most i had was 6 so far think i've seen someone report 9 ? each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection

after room 3 things switch to act 2 monsters and items..


Does the app tell you to recover 3 Health back, or do you do it automatically? If so, we probably didn't finish the room fast enough, or that ability doesn't trigger for 2 players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Avatar
Milarky wrote:
search items are finite.. kind of
after a room you get items based on how well you did lowest i have is 3 and most i had was 6 so far think i've seen someone report 9 ? each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection


Base draw: 7 cards, that's if you manage to finish the chamber and have the heroes leave on turn 1.
-1 per round that passes and you do not leave, though you don't have many rounds before the game hits you with "They're coming". If you manage to take that long, you start taking a loss of 1 Morale per round.
+1 if you kill any monster groups or interact with the scenario objectives in a way the App is informed
+1 per Search token you check


Palamino wrote:

Does the app tell you to recover 3 Health back, or do you do it automatically? If so, we probably didn't finish the room fast enough, or that ability doesn't trigger for 2 players.

If you play on Hard, you don't get the recovery. The app tells you to recover 3❤ and remove 1 condition between stages on Normal difficulty.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that explains it. We were playing on Hard. Good to know. I guess there are incentives in bumrushing to finish the stage instead of defeating all the monsters. More item choices vs more items to keep seems like a fair tradeoff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
...
each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection
...

As a group, you can keep 2 items; 3 if there were no monsters on the map when you used the portal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
Avatar
EvanMinn wrote:
Milarky wrote:
...
each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection
...

As a group, you can keep 2 items; 3 if there were no monsters on the map when you used the portal.

This depends on Hero count.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
EvanMinn wrote:
Milarky wrote:
...
each hero can keep 1 item.. but only 1 weapon from the selection
...

As a group, you can keep 2 items; 3 if there were no monsters on the map when you used the portal.

This depends on Hero count.


There is a special rule if you are playing with 2 players but the core rule is:

"Players choose 2 of them to keep (1 in a 2-hero game) but keep 1 additional card if the monster tracker was empty when they departed."

Regardless, the number you keep is the number you keep as a group and there is no 'per hero' rule. You can give everything to one hero if you want:

"Heroes also reveal a specified number of Shop Item cards from the current act and keep a specified number of those cards, distributing them amongst themselves as they choose."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.