Subject: Question regarding event card 'Master of disguise' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marijn Schreuders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the event card 'Master of Disguise', which states 'players must collectively discard 2 bonus tokens (if they have them)'.

The following happened in the second turn of my last game:
I was doing a rescue action and threw a 'hood' and a '3'. This resulted in the Hood reaching the first event card(I drew a 'The Hood advances' card in my first turn), which happened to be the 'master of disguise' card. Since it was the beginning of the game, I didn't have any bonus tokens yet.

My question is about the order of resolving the cards. Should I:
1. resolve the disaster card, get the bonus tokens and then resolve the event card, which causes me to lose my bonus tokens again.
or
2. resolve the event card (I lose no bonus tokens, since I have none) and then resolve the disaster card, which gives me two bonus tokens.

I'm not sure what to do. The only thing I could find is this (p7):
'The hood advances one space for each hood showing on the dice at the end of a rescue action', which I interpreted as first resolving the disaster card and them resolving the event card. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You interpreted it correctly. At the end of the current rescue action (after you received your reward tokens), you then advance the Hood figure, turn over the event card, and then resolve it by discarding the two tokens.

If you did not successfully resolve the disaster, you then advance the Hood figure, turn over the event card, see that you do NOT have the two tokens, and then it goes away.

I think that's about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.