Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Rune Age» Forums » News

Subject: A petition for a new expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find it here.

Can we reach at least 1000 signatures?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As nice of a sentiment as this is, I think it would be more effective to communicate our love of the game to FFG on social media (FB, Twitter). And above all: money talks, so if you want to see more of this game, buy a copy of it if you don't yet have one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
I feel like a "new & improved" second edition might be more likely than further expansions for the existing game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if, with the loss of Warhammer licenses, we'll see a Rune-something LCG. If so, I wonder if it could be based loosely on Rune Age. One thing Rune Age does nicely is give you back-and-forth plays during player-player combat. That's the same mechanic they're pushing with Runebound and Star Wars: Destiny, so it could be something they incorporate into a Rune-something LCG.

Also, Oath and Anvil is only $10 right now on Miniature Market, so now is a good time to pick it up if you don't have it.

logopolys wrote:
As nice of a sentiment as this is, I think it would be more effective to communicate our love of the game to FFG on social media (FB, Twitter). And above all: money talks, so if you want to see more of this game, buy a copy of it if you don't yet have one.


I agree with this. The petition gets seen by people that already know Rune Age exists (players and FFG). We also come to BGG to a specific Rune Age forum to talk about the game. What this game could probably use more of is articles and posts on social media and other outlets that let everyone else know what a great game this is. That is more likely to get more buyers, which in turn is likely to make FFG consider a sequel.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a nice idea.
Rune...LCG
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Improved solo rules. the solo mode is just awful. all cards have skills for pvp and solo you just count numbers.... too sad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
Improved solo rules. the solo mode is just awful. all cards have skills for pvp and solo you just count numbers.... too sad

True, but I still have a lot of fun playing it solo. I agree it could be better, but I don't feel that it is all that sad in its current iteration. But I admit there are probably better solo games out there and this area could be improved.

What I'd like to see in a future expansion is more ways to interact during cooperative games. I feel like there is a lot of table-talk as you decide on target priority and such (which is great), but it would be neat to have more effects like Pillage that can be used on your allies.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
Improved solo rules. the solo mode is just awful. all cards have skills for pvp and solo you just count numbers.... too sad

I'm a big fan of the existent solo system.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:

I agree with this. The petition gets seen by people that already know Rune Age exists (players and FFG). We also come to BGG to a specific Rune Age forum to talk about the game. What this game could probably use more of is articles and posts on social media and other outlets that let everyone else know what a great game this is. That is more likely to get more buyers, which in turn is likely to make FFG consider a sequel.


Ok, the meanwhile, push the petition around.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mare Bogataj
Slovenia
flag msg tools
I think the game is finished. Can't find it on the FFG's Products page.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Preotet wrote:
I think the game is finished. Can't find it on the FFG's Products page.

Indeed it seems not to be findable through their site itself (though web search finds a page for it: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/rune-age/ )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sad news :(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
What more could they have added ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mvl4d wrote:
What more could they have added ?

Reprints.

Also, a heroes expansion using the heroes from Descent.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy! I just visited the page last week to read some of the old news articles! I'm quite sad.

russ wrote:
Indeed it seems not to be findable through their site itself (though web search finds a page for it: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/rune-age/ )


That explains how I visited there. I went through Google, rather than FFG's product page last week.

I think the saddest part about it is that Rune Age has been a major source of information about the Terrinoth factions. If they are removing their rules from the internet, then they better get that world-book out soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
If they are removing their rules from the internet, then they better get that world-book out soon!

If they're no longer supporting the game, the rules will probably go up soon on their Product Document Archive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.