$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Modiphium RPG/board game crossover apparently still available for late pledgers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho the forum!

It was just pointed out to me on G+ that people who didn't join the Modiphius Conan RPG Kickstarter in early 2016 can still do so. The main reason to do so, of course, is to get ahold of their board game crossover, which includes new maps (in print and PDF form).

The pledge site (i have absolutely no idea how long this stay open for! Might be 1 hour, might be 1 year, and or it might be already expired and left online by mistake.):

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/conan

(Search that page for "Board" for the crossover bits - there are 2 options.)

CAVEAT: that site says "You will be invited to the pledge manager in early April " but fails to mention the year: 2016, not 2017.

The KS site, where the various packages are described:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/robert-e-howa...

i can offer no insights into the project beyond what is listed on those pages. i backed it solely for the board game crossover bits, but don't know whether those will be shipped anywhere near on schedule (the project hasn't exactly overwhelmed backers with updates).

Despite the caveats, i hope that a few of you can get your hands on the crossover bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'm gonna pass now for the same reason I passed then, 60 GBP plus shipping is way too much for a couple of tiles and a small booklet with a few scenarios.
(And 40 GBP for just a PDF is even more insanely overpriced!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm gonna pass now for the same reason I passed then, 60 GBP plus shipping is way too much for a couple of tiles and a small booklet with a few scenarios.
(And 40 GBP for just a PDF is even more insanely overpriced!)

Actually, each tile set comes with 8 large and 8 medium tiles. So, since there are two tile sets for the board game crossover, you're getting 32 tiles. Also, I don't think it's a small booklet. It's advertised as a 100 page book. Admittedly, some of that stuff may be more focused on the RPG, but I believe it's more than a "few" scenarios. I'm sure it was stated somewhere how many there were, but I can't find it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually the pdf is 30GBP and you get 64 tiles... (32 large square ones and 32 medium ones, same length but half the width)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find any official information about extra scenarios for Conan. Anyone who knows where to find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
I can't seem to find any official information about extra scenarios for Conan. Anyone who knows where to find it?

You mean for the Modiphius crossover? Try the March 9th and 10th updates for the Modiphius Kickstarter (link above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
They would've made so much more money if they had a printed tile-only pledge level.

Would've pulled in SO many more Conan boardgame backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Diederik wrote:

You mean for the Modiphius crossover? Try the March 9th and 10th updates for the Modiphius Kickstarter (link above).

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the point of getting a PDF, having someone print a HQ-version and gluing them onto some cardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
They would've made so much more money if they had a printed tile-only pledge level.

What do you mean? They did. The board game crossover pledge level comes with the campaign book and the two printed tile sets used in the book. The other two tile sets aren't used in the crossover book, but you can add them as add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Hillean wrote:

What do you mean? They did. The board game crossover pledge level comes with the campaign book and the two printed tile sets used in the book. The other two tile sets aren't used in the crossover book, but you can add them as add-ons.

So there's an option to get me ONLY stuff used in the Conan board game, without having to have some huge hardback for Conan RPG that I wouldn't use, AND all of the available tiles printed out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
Hillean wrote:

So there's an option to get me ONLY stuff used in the Conan board game, without having to have some huge hardback for Conan RPG that I wouldn't use, AND all of the available tiles printed out?

Yes, I believe this is the pledge you want:

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/conan/products/conan-k...

It does come with the core RPG book, but in PDF only. You get a choice of two printed tile sets with the pledge. You choose them in the pledge manager. I think the ones used in the crossover book are:
1. Perilous Ruins & Forgotten Cities
2. Forbidden Places & Pits of Horror

If you want the other two tile sets (Dens of Iniquity & Dangerous Streets and Fields of Glory & Thrilling Encounters) for kicks or custom scenarios you should be able to add them individually in the pledge manager. I do believe they might be about £20 each?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I'll have to consider it... that is a TON of tiles, but man... that's like $100 plus shipping, the board game was nearly that price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Thanks!

I'll have to consider it... that is a TON of tiles, but man... that's like $100 plus shipping, the board game was nearly that price!

Check updates #s 2, 10, 16, and 19 to see some examples of the tiles. There may be more, but those were the ones I could easily find. I think 19 shows how you can change the size of one of the ships, which is kinda neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Thanks!

yeah they have a high buy in.
the funny thing, most of the non-book extras of the RPG were quite pricey - not necessarily too expensive for what you get, but rather large batches and completely optional reducing the extra motivation to buy them.
The tile sets could easily have been broken up in 2x the number of sets given the number of tiles.

In the end, I think the crossover stuff and the tiles make the most sense for people wanting explicitly both games and not just extras for one.

If you can / intend to make dual use of boards (and the minis for that matter) than the price is okay-ish as you can justify them by crosswise synergy...

another irritating issue from the RPG side was. As you don't actually know yet which boards you "will" use, you almost have to either buy all or none. If you end up using / wanting to use some you are likely to want the rest too - in the end at least. If you don't, even a few would have been a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.