$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Neuroshima Hex!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vegas Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Ulaidh
Australia
flag msg tools
Rules attached to Vegas state

An enemy unit connected to an Agitator or Vegas HQ (notice that Vegas HQ’s special feature only works in one direction) is automatically taken over and treated as friendly.

ok got that the enemy unit has to be adjacent and in the hex faced by the single connector on the base or agitator

The unit stays friendly for as long as it’s in direct contact
with Vegas HQ
.

Does that mean if the Vegas HQ changes its facing but stays adjacent the controlled unit it stays friendly, we had assumed so since it is still in direct contact. If so by repeatedly turning the HQ can control up to 6 units?

I assume the agitator module works exactly the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ugbash wrote:
Rules attached to Vegas state

An enemy unit connected to an Agitator or Vegas HQ (notice that Vegas HQ’s special feature only works in one direction) is automatically taken over and treated as friendly.

ok got that the enemy unit has to be adjacent and in the hex faced by the single connector on the base or agitator

The unit stays friendly for as long as it’s in direct contact
with Vegas HQ
.

Does that mean if the Vegas HQ changes its facing but stays adjacent the controlled unit it stays friendly, we had assumed so since it is still in direct contact. If so by repeatedly turning the HQ can control up to 6 units?

I assume the agitator module works exactly the same.

We have always understood that "in direct contact" means connected via the agitator. So rotating the HQ or module would give up control over the enemy.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
We have always understood that "in direct contact" means connected via the agitator. So rotating the HQ or module would give up control over the enemy.

The app agrees.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ulaidh
Australia
flag msg tools
They should stick with the same terminology i.e. controlled as long as connected (not in contact then) to the module or HQ

but this is why i posted it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lard Head
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ugbash wrote:
They should stick with the same terminology i.e. controlled as long as connected (not in contact then) to the module or HQ

but this is why i posted it


Perhaps poorly worded, but definitely only controlled and "friendly" while connected to the the HQ or Agitator.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ugbash wrote:
They should stick with the same terminology i.e. controlled as long as connected (not in contact then) to the module or HQ

Indeed, if one wants clear consistent terminology and rules, NH may not be the most appropriate game...

(I like NH in spite of its nonoptimal rules... and occasionally I like to dream how much clearer and better its rules could be if someone like Chad Jensen carefully rewrote them.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.