Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Taking out the trash. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Wednesday is trash day in my neighborhood. So...

* The RSP liberal collective poo-pooed the Project Veritas video that immediately went viral over the least few days. They claimed it was *gotcha* journalism, likely edited and not significant because "everybody does it".

Which, if true, would mean there must be videos of other candidates violating federal law. I'm waiting.

But in the meantime the trash got taken out PDQ because both the main players were quickly and unceremoniously fired. Well, they claimed the resigned but we all know they really just wanted to live and not be suicide victims.

* The Wikileaks thing is pretty confounding. Here in RSP, a few years back, Assange was worshiped as a heroic figure, a man who made personal sacrifices for the good of all. But that was when GW Bush was in charge. Back then the liberals practically jizzed all over each other every time he released another batch of incriminating docs that made Bush and the awful conservative war mongers look bad.

Now fast forward 10 years and he's dirtying the criminal Hillary Clinton by showing week after week what a foul person she is and how unethical her campaign is and what do we hear? Crickets, that's what. Julian is no longer a progressive hero because he didn't stick to the narrative. So John Kerry took out the trash for them by bullying Ecuador into cutting Assange off from the internet. Way to to go libtards.

* This is kind of an ongoing trash problem. The trash in this case being American military vets who are homeless or dying as they wait for basic health care at their local awful VA hospitals, while VA execs enjoy bonuses and pay raises and near zero accountability. So my reason for calling them trash is they are treated like trash. I live in a community that has been ground zero for a few decades when it comes to importing, funding, educating and paying for people primarily from Africa or Muslim nations to come here. The visuals on the streets are striking, the immigrants all have nice cars, subsidized housing, food stamps, free clothing and first choice at jobs for those who want to work, which are not many of them. One family from Africa lived in the other side of my duplex for a year and told me how much they received. When I asked why they had to move the father said they only got $700 a month for rental and the $925 for their duplex was too much. None of them worked and there were three very nice vehicles there, a late model Lexus SUV, a nice van and another Mitsubishi SUV. All newer by several years than my vehicle.

Yet the people I see on the streets asking for money are 100% white and 4 out of 5 are veterans (or so they say). The people I see lounging in the Fred Meyer parking lot laughing, smoking and enjoying the sunshine by their Toyota Camrey's and Subaru Legacy's are 100% Africans who dress nicely, look well fed and clearly don't have any need to work. I'm pretty sure our government has decided who the trash in this case is - it's out veterans and they got taken out.

* Bob Dylan got a Nobel Prize for literature. Proof that honorariums are for the politically connected and special people who are venerated by the global elites and the secret international cabal who rules us all. The trash in this case are actual writers who write actual books. I'm not saying Girl From The North Country isn't a good song, it is. But it's not literature. It's a song.

You may not agree with me about what is or isn't trash but no doubt we can all agree that Hillary's campaign staff are pretty shitty people and that if you or I dumped our poop in a storm drain we'd be heavily fined and publicly flogged in the town square.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

* The Wikileaks thing is pretty confounding. Here in RSP, a few years back, Assange was worshiped as a heroic figure, a man who made personal sacrifices for the good of all. But that was when GW Bush was in charge. Back then the liberals practically jizzed all over each other every time he released another batch of incriminating docs that made Bush and the awful conservative war mongers look bad.

Now fast forward 10 years and he's dirtying the criminal Hillary Clinton by showing week after week what a foul person she is and how unethical her campaign is and what do we hear? Crickets, that's what. Julian is no longer a progressive hero because he didn't stick to the narrative. So John Kerry took out the trash for them by bullying Ecuador into cutting Assange off from the internet. Way to to go libtards.


The Wikileaks thing shouldn't be confounding. Assange was never worshipped as as god in RSP. The Bradley Manning leaks took place during the Obama administration and not Bush's by the way.

Wikileaks recently released material targeting one specific party during the U.S. election. The source of the material appears to be from Russian hacking.

I realize you enjoy the Wikileaks "October surprise" because it hurts Hillary and Democrats. However, you should try to see beyond that and realize that Russia and Wikileaks attempting to influence our election is not a good thing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The vets thing is a very serious issue and the best argument to date against socialized medicine in America w/out very significant reform of our bureaucratic system - if we can't provide good, reasonably priced care to our many injured veterans, who could we provide it for?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
DWTripp wrote:
blah blah discredited James O'Keefe videos...
blah blah liberals Wikileaks...
blah blah black immigrants are evil...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
blah blah discredited James O'Keefe videos...
blah blah liberals Wikileaks...
blah blah black immigrants are evil...



C'mon, with O'Queef videos, Trippers wouldn't have any material to watch while stroking his limp noodle.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

* The Wikileaks thing is pretty confounding. Here in RSP, a few years back, Assange was worshiped as a heroic figure, a man who made personal sacrifices for the good of all. But that was when GW Bush was in charge. Back then the liberals practically jizzed all over each other every time he released another batch of incriminating docs that made Bush and the awful conservative war mongers look bad.

Now fast forward 10 years and he's dirtying the criminal Hillary Clinton by showing week after week what a foul person she is and how unethical her campaign is and what do we hear? Crickets, that's what. Julian is no longer a progressive hero because he didn't stick to the narrative. So John Kerry took out the trash for them by bullying Ecuador into cutting Assange off from the internet. Way to to go libtards.


The Wikileaks thing shouldn't be confounding. Assange was never worshipped as as god in RSP. The Bradley Manning leaks took place during the Obama administration and not Bush's by the way.

Wikileaks recently released material targeting one specific party during the U.S. election. The source of the material appears to be from Russian hacking.

I realize you enjoy the Wikileaks "October surprise" because it hurts Hillary and Democrats. However, you should try to see beyond that and realize that Russia and Wikileaks attempting to influence our election is not a good thing.


It's understandable that you'd feel more comfortable distancing yourself from Assange now that he's taking on your hero, but my posts then and now have always been supportive of whistle blowers like him except when the revelations put American lives at risk. Bradley Manning wasn't mentioned in my OP because he's (in my view) a footnote to the Wikileaks and Snowden operations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OT, but jizzed is a heck of a verb. Kudos!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you see part 2 of that video ? Holy shit, all the shit I used to see when I worked for Democrat campaigns and I got lit up as a liar here in RSP because voter fraud never happens. The video comes out and it appears the same shit is still going on (only much easier thanks to same day registration) and all of the sudden I look sane.

Wikileaks and James O'keefe should win some awards for journalism.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
mrspank wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

* The Wikileaks thing is pretty confounding. Here in RSP, a few years back, Assange was worshiped as a heroic figure, a man who made personal sacrifices for the good of all. But that was when GW Bush was in charge. Back then the liberals practically jizzed all over each other every time he released another batch of incriminating docs that made Bush and the awful conservative war mongers look bad.

Now fast forward 10 years and he's dirtying the criminal Hillary Clinton by showing week after week what a foul person she is and how unethical her campaign is and what do we hear? Crickets, that's what. Julian is no longer a progressive hero because he didn't stick to the narrative. So John Kerry took out the trash for them by bullying Ecuador into cutting Assange off from the internet. Way to to go libtards.


The Wikileaks thing shouldn't be confounding. Assange was never worshipped as as god in RSP. The Bradley Manning leaks took place during the Obama administration and not Bush's by the way.

Wikileaks recently released material targeting one specific party during the U.S. election. The source of the material appears to be from Russian hacking.

I realize you enjoy the Wikileaks "October surprise" because it hurts Hillary and Democrats. However, you should try to see beyond that and realize that Russia and Wikileaks attempting to influence our election is not a good thing.


It's understandable that you'd feel more comfortable distancing yourself from Assange now that he's taking on your hero, but my posts then and now have always been supportive of whistle blowers like him except when the revelations put American lives at risk. Bradley Manning wasn't mentioned in my OP because he's (in my view) a footnote to the Wikileaks and Snowden operations.


I was never a huge fan of Assange or Snowden. I understand the need for whistle-blowers, so I can respect the risks they take and the work they do. However, I view Assange's latest not so much as whistle-blowing, but instead, doing the work of a nation state to influence our election.

Manning is more than a footnote. He supplied the material that made Wikileaks a household name in 2010.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Did you see part 2 of that video ? Holy shit, all the shit I used to see when I worked for Democrat campaigns and I got lit up as a liar here in RSP because voter fraud never happens. The video comes out and it appears the same shit is still going on (only much easier thanks to same day registration) and all of the sudden I look sane.


The old joke about the Democrats being "a criminal organization masquerading as a political party" turns out to be far more true than anyone ever imagined.


The fix is in Drew. When Hillary wins we'll all know it was because Democrats rigged the election. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

The old joke about the Democrats being "a criminal organization masquerading as a political party" turns out to be far more true than anyone ever imagined.


It couldn't be a true as you imagine it, Drew. Just not possible.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The big problem with Project Vertias' work is that he is consistently initially unwilling to produce his unedited film, and when in the past the unedited film has been produced, it creates an extremely different impression than the edited film.

Taking Project Veritas as proof that there is vast voter fraud is about as reasonable as taking those old "Jaywalking" bits that Jay Leno used to do as proof that all Americans know literally nothing about civics. They're so heavily and selectively edited that it's very difficult to find any "truth" in them at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
The big problem with Project Vertias' work is that he is consistently initially unwilling to produce his unedited film, and when in the past the unedited film has been produced, it creates an extremely different impression than the edited film.


So he used some kind of digital manipulation to alter their lip movements and voices in order to make it look like these Democrat operatives admitted to the criminal actions they admitted to? They were really talking about . . . yoga and wedding dresses? What?



No no no Drew.
What they did was edit out the previous request from the undercover person saying "Hey, can you talk about something completely ridiculous and make a bunch of shit up just for my own entertainment?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
The big problem with Project Vertias' work is that he is consistently initially unwilling to produce his unedited film, and when in the past the unedited film has been produced, it creates an extremely different impression than the edited film.

Taking Project Veritas as proof that there is vast voter fraud is about as reasonable as taking those old "Jaywalking" bits that Jay Leno used to do as proof that all Americans know literally nothing about civics. They're so heavily and selectively edited that it's very difficult to find any "truth" in them at all.


I don't see editing as a big problem at all, for Veritas or any video journalism. It's only when the editing is intentionally manipulating the facts/truth of what is being displayed. There isn't any evidence to suspect that in this case and frankly the fact that both key figures were quickly shown the door is confirmation that it's likely accurate. Same goes for the Acorn and Planned Parenthood videos. No doubt they were edited but that doesn't mean they weren't accurate. They showed criminal, unethical and horrible behavior and there was major fallout in both cases.

Veritas makes no claim that it is somehow unbiased or anything but opinion-based investigative video journalism. I think they're pretty honest and I don't expect them to do an expose on Trump. That's Michael Moore's job.

*On the other thread someone quipped that the Project Verita videos were not significant because they were largely unseen. I checked them against Michael Moore's offerings and Veritas has a huge number of views in comparison - in most instances. Someone is viewing these and it's not just conservatives.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Wednesday is trash day in my neighborhood. So...

* The RSP liberal collective poo-pooed the Project Veritas video that immediately went viral over the least few days. They claimed it was *gotcha* journalism, likely edited and not significant because "everybody does it".

Which, if true, would mean there must be videos of other candidates violating federal law. I'm waiting.

But in the meantime the trash got taken out PDQ because both the main players were quickly and unceremoniously fired. Well, they claimed the resigned but we all know they really just wanted to live and not be suicide victims.

* The Wikileaks thing is pretty confounding. Here in RSP, a few years back, Assange was worshiped as a heroic figure, a man who made personal sacrifices for the good of all. But that was when GW Bush was in charge. Back then the liberals practically jizzed all over each other every time he released another batch of incriminating docs that made Bush and the awful conservative war mongers look bad.

Now fast forward 10 years and he's dirtying the criminal Hillary Clinton by showing week after week what a foul person she is and how unethical her campaign is and what do we hear? Crickets, that's what. Julian is no longer a progressive hero because he didn't stick to the narrative. So John Kerry took out the trash for them by bullying Ecuador into cutting Assange off from the internet. Way to to go libtards.

* This is kind of an ongoing trash problem. The trash in this case being American military vets who are homeless or dying as they wait for basic health care at their local awful VA hospitals, while VA execs enjoy bonuses and pay raises and near zero accountability. So my reason for calling them trash is they are treated like trash. I live in a community that has been ground zero for a few decades when it comes to importing, funding, educating and paying for people primarily from Africa or Muslim nations to come here. The visuals on the streets are striking, the immigrants all have nice cars, subsidized housing, food stamps, free clothing and first choice at jobs for those who want to work, which are not many of them. One family from Africa lived in the other side of my duplex for a year and told me how much they received. When I asked why they had to move the father said they only got $700 a month for rental and the $925 for their duplex was too much. None of them worked and there were three very nice vehicles there, a late model Lexus SUV, a nice van and another Mitsubishi SUV. All newer by several years than my vehicle.

Yet the people I see on the streets asking for money are 100% white and 4 out of 5 are veterans (or so they say). The people I see lounging in the Fred Meyer parking lot laughing, smoking and enjoying the sunshine by their Toyota Camrey's and Subaru Legacy's are 100% Africans who dress nicely, look well fed and clearly don't have any need to work. I'm pretty sure our government has decided who the trash in this case is - it's out veterans and they got taken out.

* Bob Dylan got a Nobel Prize for literature. Proof that honorariums are for the politically connected and special people who are venerated by the global elites and the secret international cabal who rules us all. The trash in this case are actual writers who write actual books. I'm not saying Girl From The North Country isn't a good song, it is. But it's not literature. It's a song.

You may not agree with me about what is or isn't trash but no doubt we can all agree that Hillary's campaign staff are pretty shitty people and that if you or I dumped our poop in a storm drain we'd be heavily fined and publicly flogged in the town square.


You seem to think anyone on RSP who disagrees with you is a liberal-> That all liberals think alike-> Therefore anyone who criticizes Project Veritas is therefore a liberal and, by the way are hypocrites for failing to treat every Wikileaks dump as equivalent.

I've never liked Assange. As important as the NSA data gathering story was, the methodology of dumping mass quantities of secret material onto the inter net was utterly without journalistic discipline or integrity. Fleeing to Russia was an act of cowardice. He should have stood his ground and made the case for whistle blower protection.

The Project Veritas video was highly inflammatory but lacking in sufficient factual context to be considered very pertinent. Whatever you think of his assertions, he offers only opinions about the level interaction between PAC's and the official campaign. Since I generally am against the PAC's as they operate in dark money, I view this as an inevitable outgrowth of the PAC's very existence. You may not like the behavior of "coordinated" protestors drawing out Trump supporters but, isn't this part of what you value as free speech? Appearing at a rally and saying outrageous stuff is part of the political playbook. And doesn't it say something about Trump supporters that they are so easily triggered into physically violent expulsions?

The thing is, even if all the crap you say and or think about Hillary Clinton is accurate, I am not against Trump because I like Hillary. Never have. I am against Trump because I view Trump as the single least qualified and least mentally stable candidate put forth by one of the two major political parties in the last 30 years.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:

You seem to think anyone on RSP who disagrees with you is a liberal-> That all liberals think alike-> Therefore anyone who criticizes Project Veritas is therefore a liberal and, by the way are hypocrites for failing to treat every Wikileaks dump as equivalent.

I've never liked Assange. As important as the NSA data gathering story was, the methodology of dumping mass quantities of secret material onto the inter net was utterly without journalistic discipline or integrity. Fleeing to Russia was an act of cowardice. He should have stood his ground and made the case for whistle blower protection.

The Project Veritas video was highly inflammatory but lacking in sufficient factual context to be considered very pertinent. Whatever you think of his assertions, he offers only opinions about the level interaction between PAC's and the official campaign. Since I generally am against the PAC's as they operate in dark money, I view this as an inevitable outgrowth of the PAC's very existence. You may not like the behavior of "coordinated" protestors drawing out Trump supporters but, isn't this part of what you value as free speech? Appearing at a rally and saying outrageous stuff is part of the political playbook. And doesn't it say something about Trump supporters that they are so easily triggered into physically violent expulsions?

The thing is, even if all the crap you say and or think about Hillary Clinton is accurate, I am not against Trump because I like Hillary. Never have. I am against Trump because I view Trump as the single least qualified and least mentally stable candidate put forth by one of the two major political parties in the last 30 years.


Mostly I'm correct - the majority of people who disagree with me are liberals. See RSP for background on that.

Liking Assange or disliking him isn't particularly ideological in the context of American politics. It was Snowden who fled to Russia by the way. I happen to be a fan of exposing the hidden and nefarious machinations of the world governments. I noted that unless it costs lives then I'm for transparency no matter which party of cheating lying scum gets outed. I could add that I believe not releasing docs that would give foreign powers an advantage is also the responsible thing to do.

I'm not sure what level of proof you'd need if the DNC/Hillary operative's very own words aren't convincing evidence of law breaking and federal crimes. Did those two guys *resign* because they were innocent? I'm pretty sure you're not even close to that naive.

Addressing the idea that tricking people into confrontation is something I value in free speech - are you insane? There really isn't a response to that. Going back to the old yelling fire in the theater analogy what you seem to be suggesting is that the people trampling each other to exit after the screams were responsible because they should have known there was no fire. And no, it says nothing of "Trump supporters" because YT has hundred and hundreds of videos of Hillary or Bernie supporters hitting, punching and brawling for their candidate. It does say something about you that you'd imagine that Trump supporters must somehow be more deplorable than most because they are unable to control their emotions. Do I need to post videos for you?

Your last line is the most puzzling because you seem to kind of sort of acknowledge that Hillary may be as despicable as I believe her to be. Yet you'd vote for her because you have faith that Trump is worse? Or not as good? Let's assume that Hillary is a crook and a person who has spent decades breaking the laws and feathering her nest by violating not only the trust of the people but the laws themselves. Are you suggesting that you'd rather have her running the nation than Trump because you *think* he's unsuited?

I think Jill Stein hit the nail on the head - Trump is an awful choice but Hillary is very likely to lead us directly into a war with Russia. How can something as serious as that be trivial when you vote? Her own words, her own positions in recorded speeches and interviews clearly indicate she will immediately institute a no-fly zone in Syria. You think that is mentally stable behavior? Fuck man, Google Putin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

You seem to think anyone on RSP who disagrees with you is a liberal-> That all liberals think alike-> Therefore anyone who criticizes Project Veritas is therefore a liberal and, by the way are hypocrites for failing to treat every Wikileaks dump as equivalent.

I've never liked Assange. As important as the NSA data gathering story was, the methodology of dumping mass quantities of secret material onto the inter net was utterly without journalistic discipline or integrity. Fleeing to Russia was an act of cowardice. He should have stood his ground and made the case for whistle blower protection.

The Project Veritas video was highly inflammatory but lacking in sufficient factual context to be considered very pertinent. Whatever you think of his assertions, he offers only opinions about the level interaction between PAC's and the official campaign. Since I generally am against the PAC's as they operate in dark money, I view this as an inevitable outgrowth of the PAC's very existence. You may not like the behavior of "coordinated" protestors drawing out Trump supporters but, isn't this part of what you value as free speech? Appearing at a rally and saying outrageous stuff is part of the political playbook. And doesn't it say something about Trump supporters that they are so easily triggered into physically violent expulsions?

The thing is, even if all the crap you say and or think about Hillary Clinton is accurate, I am not against Trump because I like Hillary. Never have. I am against Trump because I view Trump as the single least qualified and least mentally stable candidate put forth by one of the two major political parties in the last 30 years.


Mostly I'm correct - the majority of people who disagree with me are liberals. See RSP for background on that.

Liking Assange or disliking him isn't particularly ideological in the context of American politics. It was Snowden who fled to Russia by the way. I happen to be a fan of exposing the hidden and nefarious machinations of the world governments. I noted that unless it costs lives then I'm for transparency no matter which party of cheating lying scum gets outed. I could add that I believe not releasing docs that would give foreign powers an advantage is also the responsible thing to do.

I'm not sure what level of proof you'd need if the DNC/Hillary operative's very own words aren't convincing evidence of law breaking and federal crimes. Did those two guys *resign* because they were innocent? I'm pretty sure you're not even close to that naive.

Addressing the idea that tricking people into confrontation is something I value in free speech - are you insane? There really isn't a response to that. Going back to the old yelling fire in the theater analogy what you seem to be suggesting is that the people trampling each other to exit after the screams were responsible because they should have known there was no fire. And no, it says nothing of "Trump supporters" because YT has hundred and hundreds of videos of Hillary or Bernie supporters hitting, punching and brawling for their candidate. It does say something about you that you'd imagine that Trump supporters must somehow be more deplorable than most because they are unable to control their emotions. Do I need to post videos for you?

Your last line is the most puzzling because you seem to kind of sort of acknowledge that Hillary may be as despicable as I believe her to be. Yet you'd vote for her because you have faith that Trump is worse? Or not as good? Let's assume that Hillary is a crook and a person who has spent decades breaking the laws and feathering her nest by violating not only the trust of the people but the laws themselves. Are you suggesting that you'd rather have her running the nation than Trump because you *think* he's unsuited?

I think Jill Stein hit the nail on the head - Trump is an awful choice but Hillary is very likely to lead us directly into a war with Russia. How can something as serious as that be trivial when you vote? Her own words, her own positions in recorded speeches and interviews clearly indicate she will immediately institute a no-fly zone in Syria. You think that is mentally stable behavior? Fuck man, Google Putin.


Clinton is an "operator" in the realm of realpolitik. I think she clings to slippery verbiage and opacity as naturally defensive behavior, much as the seeming majority of career politicians. She is clearly capable of a duality of presentation, meaning saying different things to different groups of people. Crafting your message to differing audiences is hardly a new practice among politicians or advertisers in general. It's part of the reason we are so cynical about politicians.

It's very easy to believe some negative stories about Clinton. Once you believe any of them, its even easier to believe others. However, the gathering lore of dirty Clinton secrets isn't necessarily supportable upon critical analysis of those stories. Some of the alleged facts are clearly accurate though they fail rise to the level of criminal behavior no matter how unpopular they are. Whatever else may be true, I think Clinton does generally tend to pursue a political course that she at least thinks will benefit citizens in general and she does so in what has been described in an incremental manner. Frankly, I don't think Obamacare would have happened under Clinton since her fingers were burned so badly on that issue in the 90's.

Putin is a savage pragmatist. Some might think of him as a nihilist but, however, bold his steps might appear he seems to be gathering power for Russia wherever possible and open war with the US and NATO is not something I think he is actively courting. A no fly zone would be an unpleasant reality but, Putin is enough of a strategist that he can prioritize saving the Assad regime in power and then using the following years to assist him, and his successors, to slowly regain dominance of the balance of Syria. An all out war with the US would be much more likely result in Assad's government being toppled as happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What I "think" of Trump is based almost exclusively on seeing and hearing Trumps own words. He is demonstrably ignorant about foreign affairs making his bid to claim the presidency as the first political venture of his life dubious at best. Nothing he has said in this election suggests he has so much as cracked a history book to understand the larger world and how it came to be. His comments on NATO and the potential of other countries to develop nuclear arsenals suggest a complete lack of comprehension about 50 years of Cold War and the efforts of prior presidents (from both parties) to curb nuclear proliferation. His cavalier comments about starting a war with Iran over rude gestures hints at a temperamentally unstable commander in chief. At the same time his comments suggest a level of isolationism not seen in decades. Should the US retreat from NATO and the world, it will signal the opportunity for uncheck regional aggression by China, Iran and Russia.

Trump is demonstrably proficient about finance. He has worked out many complex development deals, manipulated the tax code and developed other ventures like Trump U and The Apprentice. However, the acumen required to succeed in those areas does not require, nor has Trump betrayed the least appreciation for economics. Trump has adopted public positions in which he eschews free trade in favor of protectionism. The last time the US took such a position was in the 1970's and which helped bring us to double digit inflation and interest rates. If you remember, they called it "stagflation". He also seems bound to pursue the exact same course of deregulation and tax reduction which Reagan started in the 80's and which the GOP has continued for 30 years without recourse to any demand side economic considerations.

I voted for Reagan. I thought his run up of the military (and our debt) were significant in the dismantling of the USSR without getting into a hot war. I also thought his supply side economic approach was fairly good medicine for the ills he inherited from the Carter era. Trump says many of the same words without seeming to reflect upon the extremely different conditions which exist today. We have had flat wage growth, relatively flat inflation and minuscule interest rates for quite some time. Deregulation has not proved to be the panacea it was claimed to be on a number of fronts, particularly the banking/finance sector which was largely responsible for the financial crisis of 07/08.

On a personal level, Trump condoned the physical violence at his rallies, offering to pay for legal fees of those who "knocked the hell out of" protestors. He promised to change the law so it was easier to sue the press. Civil service rights were to be curtailed so he could stack government jobs with his supporters. He'd find a way to throw his opponent in jail if elected. He claims rigging should he lose raising a spectre of post election violence though he offers no evidence of how such rigging would take place. In short, this is the type of political rhetoric one would expect from a a rising fascist of the 1930's. It's all about concretizing personal power.

Unlike Trump, I have actually been a voting Republican and was for about 20 years. In my view, he is simply unfit to hold the office he seeks. Doesn't mean everything he has done is wrong nor does it mean Hillary is without warts.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Taking out the trash & "Burgertime!".
TUESDAY is ours around here for decades JUST as it is the "same day" that 'moi' shall recompense 'toi' for a 'Hamburger' today! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.