Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use of paratroopers on forbiden hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rincewind Rincewind
France
flag msg tools
Good afternoon,

I am having a hard time to decide wether or not I can use paratroopers to conquer an hex in India.

In this situation, let's assume Colombo is supplied.

As a Japanese player, can I use card number 58 Western Force conquest of Sumatra to move the 28 th AF from Colombo to Trincomalee and to capture Madras ?
I think it violates the spirit of rule 13.61 "Japanese units may never enter Mainland India, although Japanese air and naval units may attack Mainland India hexes that are within range.", but technically it seems valid.

If the answer is Yes, let's assume there is an HQ in Madras. Can I still use paratroopers ? One could imagine that if paratroopers can handle a Dutch regiment, they could handle officers from the HQ

Thanks a lot for your answer zombie

Card 58 bonus is :
Paratroopers : Prior to movement, place a Japanese control marker in a hex that is within extended range of an active Japanese air unit of (1) the hex is unoccupied or is occupied solely b y a Dutch Regiment; and (2) the hex is not within an unneutralized Allied ZOI. Eliminate the Dutch Regiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rince83 wrote:
Good afternoon,

I am having a hard time to decide wether or not I can use paratroopers to conquer an hex in India.

In this situation, let's assume Colombo is supplied.

As a Japanese player, can I use card number 58 Western Force conquest of Sumatra to move the 28 th AF from Colombo to Trincomalee and to capture Madras ?
I think it violates the spirit of rule 13.61 "Japanese units may never enter Mainland India, although Japanese air and naval units may attack Mainland India hexes that are within range.", but technically it seems valid.

If the answer is Yes, let's assume there is an HQ in Madras. Can I still use paratroopers ? One could imagine that if paratroopers can handle a Dutch regiment, they could handle officers from the HQ

Thanks a lot for your answer zombie

Card 58 bonus is :
Paratroopers : Prior to movement, place a Japanese control marker in a hex that is within extended range of an active Japanese air unit of (1) the hex is unoccupied or is occupied solely b y a Dutch Regiment; and (2) the hex is not within an unneutralized Allied ZOI. Eliminate the Dutch Regiment.

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rincewind Rincewind
France
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot Mark.

Any interpretation why ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rince83 wrote:
Thanks a lot Mark.

Any interpretation why ?

You cannot capture any hexes in India, full stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.