Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi
I am just setting up the game with no variants in play and the rules say to place a hidden marker in each starting area with an emplacement. I have 11 hidden counters but it looks like 12 starting emplacements, what am I missing here?

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Bill,

The Robinson's drift area does not get a hidden marker. Not sure where it says this but I remember from my initial deployment.

good luck with the game. I'm having fun muddling my way through, making the usual first run mistakes but enjoying it.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Paul

I appreciate the help but still seem to be short 1 hidden marker(I have 11 total). I did set up Vrede, Senegal & Frankfort in Robinson's Drift area with no hidden marker.

After that I have:

3 emplacements in 4th group which includes 1 artillery sub group

3 emplacements in 3rd group

5 emplacements in 2nd group which includes 2 sub groups and

1 emplacement at Hlangwane for 1st group for a total of 12

Again I appreciate the help!

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi again Bill,

I had interpreted the instructions as one hidden marker per emplacement regardless of the number of units. I don't know if that is the correct way but it does put one hidden marker in all spots except Robinson's drift. I wish I had my rules handy but I think I found that information around rule 2.3, 2.4???

Have fun,

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Paul

Ok I think I have it now, rule 2.4 states 1 emplacement marker showing hidden in each starting area with an emplacement. The mistake I made was there are 2 emplacement spots with 2 Boer groups in the 1 area near the railway bridge on which I was placing hidden markers on both spots.

Thanks for the help and enjoy the game as well.

Cheers,
Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Bill, you got it, one marker per area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Godfrey

Thanks, enjoying the game so far.

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.