tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No move when in cautious stance. Only guard and re-roll. This means no use of the free MP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep. IMHO a better wording would have been "resting" instead of "cautious"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:

Agreed. It also would have fit better with the sun/moon (day/night) icons on the character cards. Perhaps they should fix that as they reprint the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Matejczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
On the first rule's movie (which was posted on KS campain) you have been using ACTIVE or PASSIVE terms instead of Aggressive or Cautious. So in my opinion that was good naming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:

No move when in cautious stance. Only guard and re-roll. This means no use of the free MP.

From another thread: someone asked if Counterattack, and similar passive/reactive skills (Attack from Beyond) may be triggered when in the cautious stance.

It seems to me that passive/reactive skills should trigger as normal regardless of stance, but... i'm not 100% sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:

But resting doesn't make sense regarding the Bodyguard ability. I don't want my bodyguards to rest, I want them cautious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure, but since NO OTHER action than guard and reroll is allowed, they might as well be sleeping... in any case, bodyguards don't have a stance (only player characters do), so it doesn't matter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodyguard is on several player character (anti)heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
From another thread: someone asked if Counterattack, and similar passive/reactive skills (Attack from Beyond) may be triggered when in the cautious stance.

It seems to me that passive/reactive skills should trigger as normal regardless of stance, but... i'm not 100% sure.

In the french rules it's stated that a character in cautious stance can only make defense actions and re-roll actions. It's not written that you have only to defend yourself.

So to me, with "bodyguard" you defend someone else than yourself...but you defend. So it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true, I forgot about the "evil" heroes... well they are kinda "off the chart" anyways... I mean Thak for example is probably the strongest "hero" of all...

Edit: autocorrect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.