Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Do you all die at the start of the mission?

-The rules say that characters take 1d6 per extra character over Life Support. If you break your only LS trying to upgrade it would a 4 person crew take 4d6 damage flying in?

Im not sure I see the point in upgrading LS. Arent your Bot numbers set before that?

-Another question (Im trying to read the entire rulebook), under explosions it says 'Do not add hull damage caused by explosions to other ships until after making survival checks for those ships'.
What does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no point in upgrading life support as they normally enough to support the whole crew. But you would only take 1d6 damage for each crew member no matter the size. I believe there was an errata covering that. Which rule are you using 1, 1.1 or the new second edition?

Basically, if the other ships near you explode because they failed their hull check they could cause more damage to you and instead of doing multiple rolls it is saying to wait and get the additional damage you will take which may raise the difficulty of the roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb

I thought of that reasoning about exploding but then who rolls first?
If A explodes and hits B and C which are both in danger of exploding then whichever of B/C rolls first might have to roll twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I think I figured out my second question! Its referring to ramming. So you would roll to explode after a Ram and then if the other ship explodes you would take more damage and roll again!

Im slowly learning Siadekese.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this rule refers to any source of explosion, not just ramming. But yes, the idea is that everyone makes a hull check for the first explosion, then the ones that explode go off, which might cause another hull check for those in range, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Life Support
The idea here is that you can support a limited number of people on your ship based on the number of "Life Support" modules your ship has. You could cram 7 people in your car for a quick trip home from school but if you tried to go cross country, it would be uncomfortable at best. There may be a mission where you have to rescue somebody and you don't have room for them. Everybody will be uncomfortable on the ride home but a single die of damage is not going to kill off a whole crew. At worst, some might be unconscious.

Ship Explosion
Yes, you make your explosion checks one at a time. Cascading ship explosions is a feature rather than a bug. If ship A blows up, nearby ships B and C must check. If either of them blow up, they will cause the other to make a third check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.