Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Schnurr
United States
Oak Park
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the second scenario (really enjoyed it!) and have a few questions:

- Can vehicles group move? I assume YES as rule 19 says up to 2 UNITS can group and move. It doesn't specify squads vs. vehicles.
- Vehicles cannot group AP fire, right? Instead, they activate and shoot one at a time, correct? Just checking.
- Can Vehicles group their HE fire?
- The rules on unloading passengers and stacking seem to cause problems. As near as I can tell, it is impossible for any squad to load onto or off of a two vehicle stack, as that would violate the two stack limit. I don't think this is a great rule as it makes loading and unloading unnecessarily fiddly. I ended up ignoring it as long as the squads unload and keep moving.
- Can a vehicle group fire it's secondary with an adjacent squad and leader? (Say it's main gun is disabled.)
- Firing Arc for limited arc weapons. I assume limited arc is the front 60 degrees fanning out in front of the vehicle, but couldn't find anything stating that. (There's the picture for front vs. flank armor, but nothing for the firing arc.)

Thanks for your help,
-Carl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Kinnear
United States
Schenecady
New York
flag msg tools
Rule 19/7 states that vehicles may not group move. Two vehicles could also not group fire, as a Fire group requires an attached leader, and leaders may not attach to a vehicle. Also, Rule 22/Fire Groups/6 says that Crewed weapons may be used in Fire Groups but vehicles may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slimjack wrote:
I just finished the second scenario (really enjoyed it!) and have a few questions:

- Can vehicles group move? I assume YES as rule 19 says up to 2 UNITS can group and move. It doesn't specify squads vs. vehicles.
- Vehicles cannot group AP fire, right? Instead, they activate and shoot one at a time, correct? Just checking.
- Can Vehicles group their HE fire?
- The rules on unloading passengers and stacking seem to cause problems. As near as I can tell, it is impossible for any squad to load onto or off of a two vehicle stack, as that would violate the two stack limit. I don't think this is a great rule as it makes loading and unloading unnecessarily fiddly. I ended up ignoring it as long as the squads unload and keep moving.
- Can a vehicle group fire it's secondary with an adjacent squad and leader? (Say it's main gun is disabled.)
- Firing Arc for limited arc weapons. I assume limited arc is the front 60 degrees fanning out in front of the vehicle, but couldn't find anything stating that. (There's the picture for front vs. flank armor, but nothing for the firing arc.)

See if I can help you out.

Vehicles cannot Group Fire or Group move in any capacity. One exception to this is Assault moving a vehicle that is adjacent to a squad and Leader that is also Assault moving into an enemy hex.

Vehicle cannot group their HE. Cannot group with adjacent infantry attack. Main gun and secondary are used as 2 separate attacks for the cost of a single Impulse pt. Can be different targets unless the attack is an OP fire, in which case only the one target is viable.

In volume 2 Armor Leaders are being introduced, so there are some subtle tweaks being evaluated.

I think your compromise with the stacking issue is good. I don't find this to be an issue too often, though I do like your solution.

Vehicle faces the flat of a hex side. Front firing arc extends out from this hex and the hex on either side. Anything in that pie slice can be fired upon without spinning or moving.
If the vehicle or gun has to spin, it is carried out over the span of 2 Impulse pts. Spend an Impulse pt and spin, then opponents turn, then spend another Impulse pt and Fire, with the Moving fire penalty.

Glad you're having fun with the game Carl

Thanks for your help,
-Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniyar Yambulatow
Russia
Kazan
Tatarstan
flag msg tools
vehicles in melee
What happens if the infantry comes into melee with the vehicle that carries passengers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mdaniyar wrote:
What happens if the infantry comes into melee with the vehicle that carries passengers?

The passengers are immediately unloaded for the Melee. After Melee if both survive, unit would have to load again onto vehicle if so desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
mdaniyar wrote:

The passengers are immediately unloaded for the Melee. After Melee if both survive, unit would have to load again onto vehicle if so desired.
What if there is an overstocking situation - A unit also in the hex with the loaded vehicle?

A loaded vehicle assault moving with an infantry squad or reinforcing a melee between two infantry, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First,
vehicles with loaded passengers may not assault move. Case before was unit assault moving into hex with loaded vehicle.

I'm going to have to think on the other part of your question Martin regarding the overstacking sit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
First,
vehicles with loaded passengers may not assault move. Case before was unit assault moving into hex with loaded vehicle.

I'm going to have to think on the other part of your question Martin regarding the overstacking sit
You are a good man. I am an absent-minded one. No assaulting when loaded - Right you are! Again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Shayne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.