Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Elwood" Hitchcock
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh My Goods! (previously titled Royal Goods) is a card game for 2-4 players by Alexander Pfister. It is published by Lookout Games and Mayfair Games released in 2015.

By card game, I mean there are only cards in the box - 110 of them. The cards are your buildings, your resources, your money, your workers, and well everything! That is cool and it lends to a fast setup and pack up, as well as a very small box. If you have played San Juan, you know what I mean. Not to mention a very affordable price.

It also lends to some confusion when teaching the rules. Because cards can have different uses depending where they are in play, it can be confusing the first time through. You have to be sure not to bump cards and mix them up.

The heart of the game is that you are each a village trying to build up your buildings that produce different goods to make a village of 8 buildings. Your resources come from the daily market, your stockpile of goods (your hand of cards), and your buildings. woodwheatsheeporebrick

The strategy is to build buildings that easily produce goods, that you can sell to produce more buildings. Ideally those buildings will produce goods that help each other by chaining. This is using resources from one building to help another building. You can get assistants to help you build goods faster as you build more buildings.

Overall this feels like a Euro game, and a fast fun game. Strategy is important here but luck enters into what cards you get in your hand. If you are looking for a new game to try, this should be near the top of your list. It will make a great stocking stuffer for Christmas this year!
Uncle Dave gives Oh My Goods! a rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.