Subject: Is it possible to buy a pack of just train and cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Tavener
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like to donate your body to science?
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Nordic Countries, have played the original and Europe maps, don't care for either. But there's a couple of the map expansions I really want to try, without the base game overhead. Any help?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just technically buy the 1910 expansion for the train cards (and not worry about the tickets) and Mayfair used to sell a wooden train token set. Not sure if it would be cheaper than buying a base set though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also seen a set of orange Halloween trains that you can buy separately, but as mentioned above, I don't know if it will be much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue :/ don't care for either edition but wanna try Asia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be cheaper to try as an app first. but that isn't the same is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chubber911 wrote:
I own Nordic Countries, have played the original and Europe maps, don't care for either. But there's a couple of the map expansions I really want to try, without the base game overhead. Any help?
Thanks!
Hmm, for one of the sets, it sounds like it'd be cheaper to just get a roll of pennies, dimes, and nickels from the bank and use those. You'd need to find 2 other sets though, and I'm sure nickels may already be too big, let alone quarters.

Plus, I've seen spares for the train pieces go as low as 15 cents each, so at that price per unit, you may as well go with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
chubber911 wrote:
Thanks!
Hmm, for one of the sets, it sounds like it'd be cheaper to just get a roll of pennies, dimes, and nickels from the bank and use those. You'd need to find 2 other sets though, and I'm sure nickels may already be too big, let alone quarters.

Plus, I've seen spares for the train pieces go as low as 15 cents each, so at that price per unit, you may as well go with that.

Euro cubes may work too but it won't be very thematic, but just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krigbaum
United States
Spring Lake
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeplesource has wooden train replacements but at $22 per player set (you'd need2 so $44) or $89 for a complete replacement for 5 players it's cheaper to buy a base game.

Amazon has a bin of colored 1cm cubes, 10 colors, 500 ct for $12.74.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaMike wrote:
I have also seen a set of orange Halloween trains that you can buy separately, but as mentioned above, I don't know if it will be much cheaper.

Those have been out of print for a long time and I actually tried to find copies last Christmas for a family member who suddenly wanted them. I couldn't find anyone selling them for less than what a new copy of the base game goes for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that Nordic Countries does not have as many trains as the base sets, and in case you want to play Team Asia the colors won't match at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
Be aware that Nordic Countries does not have as many trains as the base sets, and in case you want to play Team Asia the colors won't match at all.

The Nordic countries game is delivered with 45 trains of each colour, so if none is lost, it fulfills the requirement.

Nordic countries has one colour (black) in common with TtR original and TtR Europe, so if any two of the other four regular Ticket to Ride colours are bought from somewhere, Team Asia should also be playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoard O Bits parts out Ticket to Ride games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the train cards and tickets (throw them away) but the postage adds on a bit - plus they're the small ones (or were when I bought some).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.