Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, everybody.

Where do you guys get the icons and typfaces and stuff to make your cards and whatnot? I want to make some reference materials, and I want to use the nice artwork like I've seen on so many of your pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Fonts are (best as I can match with free fonts):
Card Titles: Percolator
Card Text: Eurostile-Condensed Expanded
Flavor Text: Futura Lt BT Italic
Numbers: MatrixBoldSmallCaps

Icons:
https://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?username=sabir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh, man. So cool! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even easier, use Legedit. It was created by a fellow geek and it's simply the easiest way to make cards unless you are a Photoshop/Gimp semi-pro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the artwork that some of our more talented users put on their dividers? I would like to try my hand at tuck boxes but don't know where to find the art for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, Matt.

I'm actually a professional photographer, and spend more time in Photoshop and other Adobe apps than I do behind a camera.

I want to make a reference card, like they have on the back of a lot of instruction books. Something that each player could keep handy that has all the keywords and icons and stuff. And maybe another card with all of the groups and expansions so I can easily put together a custom game when setting up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Legendedit. Most probably you won't need anything else: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1366906/legedit-legendary-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Hey, Matt.

I'm actually a professional photographer, and spend more time in Photoshop and other Adobe apps than I do behind a camera.

I want to make a reference card, like they have on the back of a lot of instruction books. Something that each player could keep handy that has all the keywords and icons and stuff. And maybe another card with all of the groups and expansions so I can easily put together a custom game when setting up.

Then your best bet, and what I did, is to download the two or three different photoshop/gimp template zip packs and take the best parts of each. Find and combine the appropriate layers so that you have less clutter.

Create a master template and work from there.

As for teams and iconography, grasp the official pdfs and rip the high quality logos you can't find from the aforementioned zip packs.

Play around, I tried to make the exact thing you referenced, but got lost in the now pages of keywords. I ended up making keyword cards instead. Just find the one being referenced and place it on the table for everyone to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
What about the artwork that some of our more talented users put on their dividers? I would like to try my hand at tuck boxes but don't know where to find the art for it

I use a couple different sources for mine. I started in google image search, and as my photoshop skills improved, I branched out to other images repositories.

If you go tuck boxes, I recommend the generators out there to at least create the dimensions. Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help, Guys.

I used that Legedit link and downloaded the PDF from UDE. Used the PDF for the background and then another link with abbreviated Keyword rules for info.

I started a new thread to ask folks to proof my reference card...

I'll still make a compact iconography reference card at some point too.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.