Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the warning about not leaving Mystic Vale in hot cars etc, but I'm a little concerned because, though mine has been stored inside my game room, I'm still beginning to see a few of the cards warping. So far it's only 2 or 3,but I'm worried about continuing to invest in a game that may destroy itself. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
I've read the warning about not leaving Mystic Vale in hot cars etc, but I'm a little concerned because, though mine has been stored inside my game room, I'm still beginning to see a few of the cards warping. So far it's only 2 or 3,but I'm worried about continuing to invest in a game that may destroy itself. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I haven't had any issues with my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No issue either. I've stored the cards in a plastic bag instead of leaving them in the car when it was hot, and continue using a plastic bag because they tend to not stay put in the insert when storing the box upright. No trouble yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my games in a shed in the Arizona heat. No insulation, no air conditioning. None of my cards are warping in the slightest. I also stored them in July and August in the back of my car for weeks at a time - no warping. (it was an extremely hot July/August this year - well over 110 degrees for multiple days on end. My car would have getten well over 180 I would imagine when left in the direct sun which I did).

I know a guy who bought the game (in Arizona as well) and never left his in the heat/car and his cards warped so bad as to be non playable.

From what I understand its not the temperature that warps the game it's the change in humidity. But I'm not a scientist so don't take my word for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.