Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Killer Bunnies is not for Everyone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Mayne
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
A year or so ago, I took killer bunnies to a game night with a bunch of buddies from work and their wives. I was really excited about it. I had bought the game a few months earlier, loved it, bought several expansions, still loved it, and had the idea that anyone who came across it would also love it. I was wrong... I'm sure you saw that coming.

That night when I took the game and expected everyone to love it, ended up being a disaster. Those friends at work who I dreamed would call me in the middle of the night because they had to play the game right now, ended up reminding me regularly of how badly the game went.

This game is great. There is a lot of strategy, a lot of luck, a lot of opportunity to talk, laugh, joke, and backbite. But it is not for everyone.

This game is not simple... at all. With each expansion, the game becomes a little more complicated, and more and more difficult to follow if you aren't familiar with how it works. You have to read, plan, and pray that you get a card you need. And sometimes all of that fails.

I do not recommend this game to people who are not very into games. At least not without a warning of what it is about. Maybe have it as an option, but have some other game available that simpler minds/boring people can enjoy. Pictionary maybe.

That being said, I love this game, have loved this game, and will forever love this game. There are some flaws, for sure, but the game is fun enough that they can be overlooked. Unless they can't. Then go play another game... I won't stop you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.