5 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Long night event card, Rats encounter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moritz
msg tools
Hello everybody,

yesterday i played the game with my brother and we had two situation we wondered how to resolve it:

1. He as the hunters played the "long night" card and moved to the current dracula hideout. Dracula showed up. What now? It is still night. Can Dracula attackt immediatly and skip his movement or must he move cause the fight only happens at dusk or dawn?

2. Van helsing revealed the rats encounter card and suffers 2 damage. During the next hunter phase, he stayed in the same location to supply and buy a ticket. Can Dracula ambush van helsing again at some point with the rat encounter?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmoss1 wrote:
Hello everybody,

yesterday i played the game with my brother and we had two situation we wondered how to resolve it:

1. He as the hunters played the "long night" card and moved to the current dracula hideout. Dracula showed up. What now? It is still night. Can Dracula attackt immediatly and skip his movement or must he move cause the fight only happens at dusk or dawn?

Combat will be at dawn, so the Dracula phase comes first when he must move away or play a power card to stay where he is. If Dracula moves away there will be no combat.

Quote:
2. Van helsing revealed the rats encounter card and suffers 2 damage. During the next hunter phase, he stayed in the same location to supply and buy a ticket. Can Dracula ambush van helsing again at some point with the rat encounter?

No, ambushes can only happen immediately after the hunter moves into a location. If Van Helsing searches for some reason then the Rats will damage him unless he has a card to prevent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The timing when a hunter moves into a space with Dracula is:
Dracula reveals his location.
Dracula chooses to ambush or not.
Take actions as normal until the next dawn or dusk.
At dawn or dusk, whichever comes first, combat with Dracula begins if Dracula is still in the same space as a hunter.

During the day, if the first hunter discovers Dracula, all the other hunters will have the opportunity to move and potentially reinforce the first hunter before combat begins at dusk.

If discovered with the "Long Night" card, Dracula will most likely slip away before combat during the Dracula phase. However, Dracula may want to use a power card and stay. The other hunters can't reinforce because they can't move at night. This gives Dracula the opportunity to pick up some influence by defeating a hunter in one-on-one combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz
msg tools
Thanks for the answer.

abdiel wrote:
No, ambushes can only happen immediately after the hunter moves into a location. If Van Helsing searches for some reason then the Rats will damage him unless he has a card to prevent it.

But whats the purpose of the rat encounter card if you cant use it again? Cause it stays on the location card until it is canceled with a pistol or something, whitch in my case, it wasnt, and has no mature effekt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You CAN use it again, but only if a Hunter once again moves into the city. You can't just Ambush Van Helsing in the example you gave because he just stayed in the city. However, if he had left and then came back, the Dracula player could then Ambush using the Rats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.