Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In anticipation of my long-awaited new copy of CoP, I am reading the 2nd Edition rules that Kevin kindly uploaded to the files section. I am so jazzed about this. I totally pimped my first edition, but all my pimps are now made unnecessary with the wooden villages, explorer stands, etc. I will still be using this guy as a first player marker, though:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're looking forward to the new edition- your enthusiasm is infectious! Pre-ordered copies are scheduled to start shipping tomorrow!

wolvenwood wrote:
...explorer stands...

Er... about those stands. So Gene (the G in GMT) was playing the game with his family, and they found the stands annoying. They covered up the explorers' names, and they preferred to Explore with the counters laying flat. So the stands were removed from the game. But unfortunately, the reference to the stands were not removed from the rules.

Sorry about that...

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I was thinking about that last night, and decided I might not use the stands. No biggie, although GMT's customer service folks should prepare to field some questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On another note, I noticed a change on the colonists icon. The woman is now wearing a lei instead of a cloth breast band. Any inside scoop on that minor change? I like it, as it seems more in keeping with the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
that is awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
GMT's customer service folks should prepare to field some questions.

They tell me they're ready. We just didn't coordinate the change, and get the mention of the stands out of the rules. We'll get it right for the third edition!

Quote:
I noticed a change on the colonists icon.

Good catch! The bandeau was added to the first edition at the last minute for modesty reasons. I did not like it for reasons of historical accuracy. So I suggested that we change to a historically correct lei, and Mark S. made the change. I think it turned out real nice! It's just one of those small graphic improvements that are scattered throughout the second edition.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.