Subject: Some card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Veenenberg
Netherlands
Vinkeveen
flag msg tools
Card 04: Invasion Scare, in the Deployment Phase of the Strategic Phase
the German player must put on beaches not in an EZOC two units not on a beach hex. Question: what is meant by "beaches not in an EZOC"? A landing zone with no single beach hex in an EZOC? And placement of for example 2 units from the Reserve to a hex bordering the beach hexes of that enemy emptied landing zone?

Card 17: Commando Raids. this allows a commando unit to move from EZOC to
Another EZOC. Question: may the commando unit start its move also outside an EZOC and must it pay 1 extra movement point entering each EZOC or only once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RVeenenberg wrote:
Card 04: Invasion Scare, in the Deployment Phase of the Strategic Phase the German player must put on beaches not in an EZOC two units not on a beach hex. Question: what is meant by "beaches not in an EZOC"? A landing zone with no single beach hex in an EZOC? And placement of for example 2 units from the Reserve to a hex bordering the beach hexes of that enemy emptied landing zone?

Ok there are 3 questions in there!

1- These are beach hexes not in an Enemy Zone of Control.
2- I don't understand your question.

The card says:

"Play during the Strategic Phase.
In the Deployment Phase, the German
player must put on beaches not in an
EZOC two units not on a beach hex or
lose two German Resere Points.
German player’s choice of which."

So you must take two German units, that are not already on beach hexes, and put them on beach hexes, but not hexes that are in an Enemy Zone of Control (so most probably not adjacent to enemy units).

RVeenenberg wrote:

Card 17: Commando Raids. this allows a commando unit to move from EZOC to Another EZOC. Question: may the commando unit start its move also outside an EZOC and must it pay 1 extra movement point entering each EZOC or only once?

Yes the Commando unit may start its move outside an EZOC. And yes it must pay the extra movement point each time in enters an EZOC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Veenenberg
Netherlands
Vinkeveen
flag msg tools
Carl,

Ok that explanation is clear to me now. If you had written: "The German player takes 2 of his units not placed on a beach hex and place them on a beach hex not in an EZOC" it would be clear from the start. The sentence is then much shorter and more precise as well.

Since the Card is played in the Deployment Phase the 2 German units could be placed in the Reserve Box, which is not a beach hex.
I presume those 2 units may not be taken from the Reserve Box?

Card 17: In practise with 4 MP the unit can start in an EZOC and move to another EZOC in plain terrain or by road and then to a second hex in an EZOC by plain terrain....this allowed only ONCE, since you use the word "ONE" hex in the text, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RVeenenberg wrote:

Yes, they CAN be taken from the reserve box.

RVeenenberg wrote:

Card 17: In practise with 4 MP the unit can start in an EZOC and move to another EZOC in plain terrain or by road and then to a second hex in an EZOC by plain terrain....this allowed only ONCE, since you use the word "ONE" hex in the text, right?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
RVeenenberg wrote:

Randy and I just had this come up yesterday. "Can"? How else are you going to man those beaches during the Org Phase? We thought units only move back and forth from the Reserve box to the map during Org Phase, so units manning the beaches must come from the Reserve Box. Units don't move around on the map during Org Phase.

Follow-up question - what if you have only one unit to transfer from Reserves to a beach? Can it man a beach to reduce lost card reserves to one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

It sounds like this card give you "special" type of move.

Pick up from the board, including from the reserve box, and "place" 2 units on beaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
licinius wrote:
RVeenenberg wrote:

Randy and I just had this come up yesterday. "Can"? How else are you going to man those beaches during the Org Phase? We thought units only move back and forth from the Reserve box to the map during Org Phase, so units manning the beaches must come from the Reserve Box. Units don't move around on the map during Org Phase.

No they don't have to be taken from the Reserve box. You can take the units elsewhere. The cards cays:

"The German player takes 2 of his units not placed on a beach hex and place them on a beach hex not in an EZOC"

So you can chose units also on the map. The only limitation is that the units are not already on a Beach hex.

True, units do not normally move around in the Org phase. but the card allows you to do so. Just follow the card text to the letter, do not forget rule 5.2.2:

[5.2.2] Event Precedence: When there is a conflict between Event text and these rules, the Event text takes precedence.

htjester wrote:

Follow-up question - what if you have only one unit to transfer from Reserves to a beach? Can it man a beach to reduce lost card reserves to one?

I doubt VERY much that the Germans has no units on the map that can't be moved! Remember, they don't have to be taken from the reserves. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Calxx55 wrote:

It sounds like this card give you "special" type of move.

Pick up from the board, including from the reserve box, and "place" 2 units on beaches.

Yes, this is how it works. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.