Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to get some input.

In the Hexcrawl Sandbox box, how are you all picking which mission to play when entering a mine?

How are you incorporating missions that start in other worlds?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
D_Davis wrote:
Wanted to get some input.

In the Hexcrawl Sandbox box, how are you all picking which mission to play when entering a mine?

How are you incorporating missions that start in other worlds?

Thanks!

Within the Hexcrawl manual there is a spot in the Missions chapter which details how to roll for random missions. You could house rule the rolling based on what you have bought and ignore/re-roll when you see the same mission twice.

In terms of starting in a Other World...we just assume the mine entrance leads straight to the other world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For the most part I've been randomly selecting missions (rolling from the chart in HexCrawl to select them).

For towns, I try to roll them up in advance and create "town sheets" with bios, town traits, and what shops are available. I play the towns as being persistent in the game. That way going back to a town isn't "different" every time. Except for any towns that have the "Unstable economy" trait which are random!

I've made a few mine locations as having with known "stable gateways" to specific otherworlds with stories centered around them.

Although I haven't formally written it up yet for my campaigns, I'm thinking that a place like Scrogg's Bog wold be ideal for a permanent gateway to Jargono, along with some from that otherworld crossing over to the general region on the hexcrawl map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.