$20.00
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some covert mission and senate cards allow the direct placement of workers. Can those workers be placed in planets that have a ship protecting them? Either Empire or Rebel?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
Some covert mission and senate cards allow the direct placement of workers. Can those workers be placed in planets that have a ship protecting them? Either Empire or Rebel?

I don't see any Covert missions that allow someone to put player units on a planet, but if there was a covert mission then the rule below would allow it.

rules Pg5 wrote:
Imperial Capital Fleets, Covert Missions are NOT affected by Imperial Capital Fleets.

But this rule only applies to Covert missions not Action cards gained at the Senate.

Rules Pg 5 wrote:
The Rebel Fleet at a Hub Planet prevent other players from moving Workers to that Hub Planet

Technologies- Capital Ship Drydock/ Molten-Injector Boarding Cannon wrote:
Place the Rebel Fleet in orbit around any planet/Take control of the Rebel Capital Ship Fleet and move it to a planet of
your choice. No rival Rebels/Specialists or Sentinels may be sent there for as long as the Ship is there.

These technologies prevent player units and Sentinels being placed on a planet guarded by the rebel fleet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bausman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are several mission cards that allow placement of sentinels and several imperial action cards that place units. Since the rule said that players can not "move" units to a protected planet we felt that they could be "placed" there without a rules violation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbausman wrote:
There are several mission cards that allow placement of sentinels and several imperial action cards that place units. Since the rule said that players can not "move" units to a protected planet we felt that they could be "placed" there without a rules violation.


That's a much better way to say what I was trying to say!

I wonder if that is officially allowed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Imperial Atrocity" Imperial action card says: "...add two of your rebels to any other planet." If we could get a ruling on this card, it should clear up the rest.

So, can Imperial Atrocity add rebels to a planet blocked by an Imperial Fleet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked for clarifications to be included for this same topic last year (2015) but unfortunately got no response or result back then either. [https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21248742#21248742]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The ships (Rebel and Galactic Empire) block all movement of rebel pieces to those planets from the Planetary Influence and Warfare tracks.

Covert Missions CAN be launched to those planets. They are, by definition, 'under the radar'.

Senate actions that move Imperial troops to a planet guarded by a rebel fleet would not be allowed, and vice-versa.



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budley wrote:
The ships (Rebel and Galactic Empire) block all movement of rebel pieces to those planets from the Planetary Influence and Warfare tracks.

Covert Missions CAN be launched to those planets. They are, by definition, 'under the radar'.

Senate actions that move Imperial troops to a planet guarded by a rebel fleet would not be allowed, and vice-versa.

And to further clarify, "and vice-versa" means players can't use Imperial Action cards to place their workers on planets protected by Imperial Fleets, or on the planet protected by the Rebel Fleet (unless they own the Rebel Fleet).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.