Subject: VIDEO REVIEW PLEASE. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No really, that's it, I'd really like one of them 'watch it played' typ videos.

Sofar there is just one unboxing and if its such a great game, you'd expect more....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know isn't what you are asking for but maybe can help, is a video done for A las Barricadas 2nd Edition
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/63868/las-barricadas... (game from the same WSS) that use similar rules with the logical differences from the Spanish Civil War to the WW2.

This is just one of six videos.

Best
Niko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really appreciate you efforts trying to inform me about the game.
It enthousiasm like that which makes me look twice.

I'll sit down later on, when I have the time, and check out the video.
Thanks, really appreciated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Freddy. Thanks alot for your kind words, hope you like it.

Best
Niko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it when designers show enough commitment to try and convince others to love the game as much as they themselves do.

Watched the video and found it an enjoying puzzle.

Mind you I didn't aggree at all with his opinion on the officers pictures. I like them, I think it gives a face to the conflict.
Makes you aware of the fact that it's not simply pieces of board being moved about but that a the bases of this were real people.

Also wondered why he keeps sticking the action counters on top of the unit counters. The action counters are quite distinct, so why no have them peek out from underneath the units.

That way you have the unit information and from the colour of the action counter you should be able to identify what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gratefull for you linking me to a video on the system, but have to wonder if you've actaully watched it.

In video 2 the reviewer really struggles with the elevation rules, blocking terrain, stuff like that and at one point I feel like he almost starts feeling suicidal.

I don't think I'm briljant in any way and if someone clever enough to make a video review struggles with things, I'm starting to wonder how freaked out I'd get about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Freddy,

Is much more easy thank you think, please, take alook to the Ian's video for PTH:

[url]
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/116348/paths-hell/paths-...[/url]

Best
Niko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, the lack of reviews for this game and for Paths to Hell is the main reason why I haven't pulled he trigger yet. What little is available is positive, so I'll probably end up getting one anyways, but it's surprising (and it's not just here: I found close to nothing on French language sites).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alfy,

It's out of our hands, we can't do nothing about this point, sorry.

If have any question, just let us know.

Best
Niko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, obviously, you should not be the ones to be making the reviews, my post was addressed to other players!

However, I want to point out you guys have put everything online, unlike many companies who keep either player aids or scenarios to stop players from playing on Vassal for free. I find that both gutsy and very welcome: I can try the game before buying it, which is a big plus for me, and it shows trust in the wargaming community (and I do believe the vast majority of us would rather be pushing cardboard rather than staring at screen, if at all possible).

So thank you very much for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No, obviously, you should not be the ones to be making the reviews, my post was addressed to other players!

We know, it's shame.

Quote:
However, I want to point out you guys have put everything online, unlike many companies who keep either player aids or scenarios to stop players from playing on Vassal for free. I find that both gutsy and very welcome: I can try the game before buying it, which is a big plus for me, and it shows trust in the wargaming community (and I do believe the vast majority of us would rather be pushing cardboard rather than staring at screen, if at all possible).

So thank you very much for that.

We try to make as much friendly as possible; first at all we are wargames like all of you

Welcome, thanks for your kind words.

Best
Niko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
La bataille de France 1940 is very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I think he is confusing number of hexes between units and distance in hexes between units. In addition, he is playing without even having read the rules so it is a struggle. I do appreciate the man's effort though. I've been through the rules and don't see any big problems yet.
It would have done the game more justice if the maker of the video had gotten proficient at playing and then had made a video.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.