$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It pains me to do this but I have to point it out in case I'm not the only one.

I came home today to find my copy of Mechs Vs Minions waiting for me.

When I opened the box I found the Rumbles letter, The Master Mech-anic: Tutorial, The How to Play Sheet and the Field guide & Textbook have all been numbered with permanent marker.

All 71 of the command cards have been numbered on their face with permanent marker.

All of the map tiles and the doom tracker have been numbered with permanent marker.

The sealed box with the axe coming out has it's seal broken, (I don't know if anything is missing from that as I didn't want to open it and spoil the surprise(but I may have too))

But worst of all there are no envelopes of any kind which means at best I can only play the tutorial.

I'm in the process of charging my digital camera so I can submit a ticket to support.riotgames.com

Hopefully I'm the only person affected, but people who planned to put this away for Christmas may want to double check. And in case anyone was wondering mine is #216/30,000.
I know Riot will get this sorted as soon as they can and I know Chris Cantrell will be just as disappointed as I am (judging by the interviews I have heard with him). I really don't want to shame anyone, but I also don't want anyone's Christmas to be spoiled just in case. At least for me only Saturdays game night is going to feel a little disappointing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Hossie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thats horrible, who would do such a thing! Would it be customs officials?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Goncalves
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it in shrink?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigB00 wrote:
It pains me to do this but I have to point it out in case I'm not the only one.

I came home today to find my copy of Mechs Vs Minions waiting for me.

When I opened the box I found the Rumbles letter, The Master Mech-anic: Tutorial, The How to Play Sheet and the Field guide & Textbook have all been numbered with permanent marker.

All 71 of the command cards have been numbered on their face with permanent marker.

All of the map tiles and the doom tracker have been numbered with permanent marker.

The sealed box with the axe coming out has it's seal broken, (I don't know if anything is missing from that as I didn't want to open it and spoil the surprise(but I may have too))

But worst of all there are no envelopes of any kind which means at best I can only play the tutorial.

I'm in the process of charging my digital camera so I can submit a ticket to support.riotgames.com

Hopefully I'm the only person affected, but people who planned to put this away for Christmas may want to double check. And in case anyone was wondering mine is #216/30,000.
I know Riot will get this sorted as soon as they can and I know Chris Cantrell will be just as disappointed as I am (judging by the interviews I have heard with him). I really don't want to shame anyone, but I also don't want anyone's Christmas to be spoiled just in case. At least for me only Saturdays game night is going to feel a little disappointing

We'll get this sorted. Submit a Player Support ticket at support.riotgames.com and PM me your support ticket number and I'll drive on this right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a number printed on the back of the box, where it says what number out of 30,000 it was? I have a feeling there might not be. Sounds like this was not a copy ever intended to be given out to people.

Are there schematics cards in it? You could, in the short term, download the Dossiers from the Mechs vs Minions site to play the game, but at best you could do the first mission or two if you don't have Schematics cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amgyn wrote:

Sounds like custom officials, or more likely, factory prototype and quality control copy that was not removed from the production stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
Amgyn wrote:

Sounds like custom officials, or more likely, factory prototype and quality control copy that was not removed from the production stock.

Definitely sounds like a QC copy that accidentally got put back into the assembly process rather than being held to the side.

Kind of a collectors item maybe as I doubt Riot will want that copy back.

YAY Free minis and stuff!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
GusG4Real wrote:
Was it in shrink?

Yes the box was sealed in cellophane,

for what it's worth I don't want this to have a reflection on Riot games, I think this has happened at the manufacturers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Felkor wrote:
Is there a number printed on the back of the box, where it says what number out of 30,000 it was? I have a feeling there might not be. Sounds like this was not a copy ever intended to be given out to people.

Are there schematics cards in it? You could, in the short term, download the Dossiers from the Mechs vs Minions site to play the game, but at best you could do the first mission or two if you don't have Schematics cards.

Mine was #216/30,000

There are no envelopes or anything that should come in the envelopes such as Schematics cards, so even if I do download the dossiers I don't know what any of the Schematics are

The back of the box does seem to say there should be 11 envelopes in total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
This clearly is the work of a QA copy or pre-production copy that got mistakenly shipped ... exactly like others have suggested. In fact, it's to blatently obvious this is the case, that it cements the likelihood (100%) that Riot will just send you a new game. This is a much better situation than having a dented corner or other seemingly "small" amount of damage, because often times, those are harder to fix.

This is the equivalent of having your car stolen and totaled - you just get an insurance payout and a new car to replace it. It's sometimes much worst to have your car keyed or a tire slashed because it's a much bigger hassle to address.

This is a one week delay, and you'll have a fresh copy. You don't need to be "gutted"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.