Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thor's Primacy vs Tyr's Wrath? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing today we had a small argument over Thor's Primacy wording and Tyr's Wrath's ability. When I revealed my quest card I wanted to change it to a +5 battle card using my upgrade. The person argued that when they had Thor's Primacy all text was cancelled including the Quest portion of my card and I could not turn it into a +5 battle card. How are those two cards supposed to interact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
Of course you would be able to use your clan upgrade on that quest card, even against Thor's Primacy. Thor's Primacy doesn't change the type of the card, whether you showed a battle card or anything else. "Text" is referring to something specific in this case.

By your opponent's argument, would Thor's Primacy cause a blank +3 battle card to cease to be a battle card and so no longer give +3 STR? Thor's Primacy is not intended to work that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Even with the argument that the text quest is cancelled, the quest text has ZERO effect in this case, so cancelling it would do nothing. The card would still be +3/5 (depending on which upgrade).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
Playing today we had a small argument over Thor's Primacy wording and Tyr's Wrath's ability. When I revealed my quest card I wanted to change it to a +5 battle card using my upgrade. The person argued that when they had Thor's Primacy all text was cancelled including the Quest portion of my card and I could not turn it into a +5 battle card. How are those two cards supposed to interact?

That person's argument was, well, dumb. With or without a text, it's still a quest card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.