United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first discovered munchkin years ago, I went a little crazy with the expansions and ended up getting base + 2-7 as well as a few booster packs.

I liked all of the new mechanics added in the expansions such as steeds, new races, new classes, portals, and so on but found that with all of these new cards, the stack of door and treasure cards was so large it was pretty common to never draw a portal or even to get a new race or class card. Since then the game has sat on my shelf untouched.

This weekend my FLGS had Munchkin 6.5 as well as two play mats on sale for a price I couldn't pass up which rekindled my interest in the game.

I wasn't able to find anything on here but does anyone know of a solution to managing the deck size without taking out entire expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all of the base Munchkins, plus all the Fu, Cthulhu, and Pathfinder sets, plus plus some miscellaneous booster stuff. I use the Boxes of Holding (2 sets so far) to store everything, sorted out by set (Munchkin/Fu/Cthulhu/Pathfinder) but all shuffled together within each set. So when I want to play, I just take 2-3 inches worth of each deck out, and when those run out, I pull more out of the Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Turn the figurehead into the wind, lash the crew to the masts, and God be with us.
badge
Fun Fact: Known to sniff glitter-glue out of a Muse's thong.
mbmbmb
The Boxes of Holding are dead handy:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty creative solutions! I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
I like that Boxes of Holding idea.

I usually go with the Grab-2-to-3-inches-at-a-time system myself. I try to remember which end of the stack I grabbed 'em from, and then put them in the back, like with Trivial Pursuit or any other card driven game.

Then, I occasionally go to the trouble of shuffling everything by making manageable stacks, shuffling those, cutting and switching, shuffling again. Kid of takes some time, but no worse than something like setting up Legendary.

If I really want to, I'll put all the cards out for a game, but in 4 even stacks right next to each other. It's a lot of cards, but at least they won't fall over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
The Box of holding idea is a really good one (I even started doing it myself) but what about the issue of the deck size being too unmanageable as far as drawing the different types of cards?

It is very common in a game for use not to draw one type of card the whole game.

Any thoughts on how to balance the deck contents so that there is a more even pull of races, classes, low monsters, high monsters, curses, and portals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.