Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about backing the latest KS with the expansion, just wanted to know what people think about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I like it. I have yet to play against another human as I rarely have time to play games these days (and thus can't really comment on balance and such - but I think I'd need quite a few 2-player games under my belt before getting a good feel for that), but I love the action dice mechanism. It's lots of fun, and nothing is a sure thing. Hints of games like Song of Blades and Heroes, or even GW's Warmaster (i.e., you spend a die to roll it to attempt something - and often have to beat a number to succeed) - which to me is a good thing.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the figures are. Metal King studios (just one guy) did a great job with them. Very, very happy with my little toy soldiers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have played it several times as 1v1 games or 3v1 games (three play heroes and 1 evil) or 2v2 games. In all aspects the game is fantastic! Very easy to teach (5 minutes or less) and you can jump into a great game. It will only get better as more models are made. And will be absolutely amazing once the campaign book comes out. When that happens you can say bye to Frostgrave!

Also, the models are fantastic, as well as the cards and all the artwork on the cards and rulebook. All around a fantastic deal and game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The game plays very well and the layout and readability of the cards are very unique and original. My only complaint is the lack of scenario variety. It really needs the new scenarios and narrative play the new Kickstarter is promising...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.