Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey y'all friendly S&R player looking to get into Downwood Tales. I was wondering what everyone thinks are the best items/okay items/worst items in Downwood Tales.

If you would like to help MORE; specifically in order to make campaign play more balanced and have the ability for the heroes to keep ALL search items, I start off the search deck with items I deem are 'basic'/'normal'/'okay'. I then remove all of the really good items to prevent power creep too early on. After each chapter, I add a certain amount of the really good ones, at random, into the search deck.

Which items do y'all think should be removed at the start, to be added in later?

Since I have yet to play Downwood Tales, I don't want to look through the whole search deck and make that judgement for myself, and spoil the search deck!

~Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rothe
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to reconsider your rule of keeping everything between chapters. In DT, many scenarios have a cool way of approaching that situation. You instead get to keep cheese between chapters. This allows for more leveling of characters as well as purchasing items. DT, IMO, is more about character power interaction than cool items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds cool! Maybe, but in our gaming group, it is pretty un-thematic in terms of the campaign, that the items we find we have to magically discard due to, 'the game.' Our mice worked hard to find those items That is why we implemented the increasing-power-level search deck (almost like you level it up.) Any suggestions on what items to take out/add-in across the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.