Hide
6 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heketch, UA and Force Gauge Pulse timing. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dorman
msg tools
I'm a little unclear about how the timing for Heketch's UA and the Force Gauge Pulse should interact in terms of timing.

From Heketch's UA: "At the end of each beat, if there are 2 or more spaces between Heketch and the nearest opponent, and if he does not have a Dark Force Token, he regains his Dark Force Token."

From the Pulse part of the Force Gauge: "You can spend 7 Force to Pulse at the end of a beat (as an End of Beat effect, after activating all of your other End of Beat Effects.) ..."

There isn't a clarification on what that means for Heketch's UA on the card, but there is a note in the rules about the timing that UAs that activate at the end of beat after the recycle phase.

I think that this means that the Pulse should happen first, but I'd like to confirm that if possible. The Pulse looks like it's happening during the recycle phase after all the other End of Beat effects, and that in fact the active player would pulse before the End of Beat effects of their opponent. Does that sound right?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Heketch, UA and Force Guage Pulse timing.
For obnoxious templating reasons, I believe that the "end of a beat" (lowercase) happens after the "End of Beat" (capitalized) trigger. Another silly example is Tanis, who vanishes from the board also at the "end of a beat". I believe there's a previous ruling that says that Adjenna's "End of Beat" Petrification fires before Tanis disappears, regardless of Priority order.

This also leads to the silliness where Tanis and Heketch's "end of beat" (lowercase) events fire in different orders based on Priority order tiebreaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dorman
msg tools
tankbard wrote:
For obnoxious templating reasons, I believe that the "end of a beat" (lowercase) happens after the "End of Beat" (capitalized) trigger. Another silly example is Tanis, who vanishes from the board also at the "end of a beat". I believe there's a previous ruling that says that Adjenna's "End of Beat" Petrification fires before Tanis disappears, regardless of Priority order.

This also leads to the silliness where Tanis and Heketch's "end of beat" (lowercase) events fire in different orders based on Priority order tiebreaking.
So in this case, if both end of beat (lower case) belong to Heketch, they would happen after all of both players' End of Beat (upper case) effects and he should be able to choose the order?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Crouch
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
"At the end of the beat" occurs after "End Of Beat: ____" effects

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which, in the end, is all irrelevant because Pulse no longer exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dorman
msg tools
dinobottm2 wrote:
Which, in the end, is all irrelevant because Pulse no longer exists.

Sure, you know, expect when it does. Like if people are playing casually with the Force Gauge rules or in Tournaments prior to the new Force Timer Counters being out. But thanks for the insight.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.