Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 8.8.4 specifies that when conducting a Sweep, the GovBot should activate 26July Guerrillas, then DR, then Syndicate. Does this prioritization only apply after the spaces have been selected (i.e. when Guerrillas from multiple factions exist in the same space), or should it also apply when selecting among potential spaces of equal priority (i.e a space containing 26July Guerrillas should be chosen over a space containing DR Guerrillas, all other things being equal)?

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would tentatively say that if there are several possible regions, you should first pick one where most 26July (=human) pieces can be targeted (as per 8.1.2). Then once the space is selected, you sweep guerillas in the specified order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The bullet points in 8.8.4 tell you what spaces to select for Sweep, but when GovBot doesn't have enough cubes to activate all Guerrillas in a space, then you should prioritize according to the first paragraph (M26, DR, Syn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
I would tentatively say that if there are several possible regions, you should first pick one where most 26July (=human) pieces can be targeted (as per 8.1.2). Then once the space is selected, you sweep guerillas in the specified order.

I was thinking this as well, but the 1-player example of play does not do this. When choosing the 4th space to sweep, it randomly selects between a space containing 26July and a space containing DR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
The bullet points in 8.8.4 tell you what spaces to select for Sweep...

Yes, but in some cases you may end up with more than 4 options and you need to choose among the possible candidates (like in the example of play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The bullets tell you which spaces to select.

If after applying all the priorities in the bullet you still have too many potential spaces, 8.2 tells you to choose randomly between them.

If there are more Underground Guerrillas in the space than Govt can Activate, pick them in the order M26, DR, Syndicate.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Oerjan. That clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.