United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I haven't played a lot of Slaughterball lately, got stuck on third shift for awhile and was a bit zombified but now I'm back on second shift and actually sleep. I have Slaughterball on my 10X10 and I need to get six more games in this year. I hit up my friend who I played with most and said I have to get six games in by the end of the year, you want to dig back into this? He said he was in. I sent back an email saying, cool, Friday is Slaughterball Thunderdome. Then my email chimes and the second wave should be in tomorrow. Living close to NH nd ship naked has benefits. So not only will Slaughterball Thunderdome be happening but on his home turf (he is a big Carnage fan).

Could not be better timing and I am psyched to play. Also being on third slowed down my mini painting so I need to sharpen those skills back up as well. Thanks again Erik!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Congrats, Reed! You're getting Wave 2 before me, the designer! That's the unfortunate part about living on the other coast from ShipNaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let you know how it goes I see a lot of getting stomped onto spikes and blades. My opponent plays by three rules:
1:Smash my dudes
2:Kill my dudes
3:Try to throw the ball at my dudes unless none of them are close enough then think about trying to score a goal.

With Carnage this plan works well.

[edit - Now I have to think about paint schemes... I snuck ninja turtles into Carnage, Robocop Nemesis, Wonder Woman Valkyries and Ancient Armor Swords.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding news! I would definitely play the Valkyries when facing the Dungeon of Carnage. Take advantage of those "boot" icons to either move your athletes off of spike spaces, or even better, move those dangerous opponents onto the spikes! So envious, but my box of goodies should arrive soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just leave this here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Crunchy!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to inflate your ego, but Mechs vs. Minions came in as well and it is still in shrink on the shelf but I dug into the Slaughterball boxes and started working on ideas for paint jobs. I can't wait to play tomorrow, custom dice, new board... My blood is boiling and blood will be spilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap! Even the kickstarter Mavericks come in their own box? Since they will never be a retail item I thought that they would come in a bag or cardboard sleeve? Very pro and very much appreciated Erik!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks and you're welcome, Ogmund. I was keeping the Maverick set box quiet so everyone would be surprised. Whenever possible, I tried to make Slaughterball something that would impress me, even if it cost me a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
Not to inflate your ego, but Mechs vs. Minions came in as well and it is still in shrink on the shelf but I dug into the Slaughterball boxes and started working on ideas for paint jobs. I can't wait to play tomorrow, custom dice, new board... My blood is boiling and blood will be spilled.

Thanks, Reed!

That would make a good Slaughterball cheerleader chant:

Blood boils, bones break!
Losers give, winners take!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErikFrog wrote:
IMCarnochan wrote:

Thanks, Reed!

I'm a big bearded biker looking dude, do I have to wear the cheerleader outfit? I do not think anyone wins in that scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the 2nd season vikings of team Ragnarok having some rather "beardy" women. My girl is still hoping that the all female, male hating team Scorn has conscripted male cheerleaders...I think I should be worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be totally fitting, I vote yes to male cheerleaders with collars and chains! Thematic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
ErikFrog wrote:
IMCarnochan wrote:

Thanks, Reed!

I'm a big bearded biker looking dude, do I have to wear the cheerleader outfit? I do not think anyone wins in that scenario.

We'll have to hire a cheelreader to do the cheer then, because we want someone to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing - definitely adds to the hype! Can't wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peteyandycreek wrote:
Thanks for sharing - definitely adds to the hype! Can't wait

I assume my promise NOT to dress up as a cheerleader is adding to the hype... I did not get a game in last week, my friend had a headache and said he would power through but since he is not really a gamer, I figured no sense risking a bad experience due to outside circumstances. We are going to try again this Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
M. Carey, Thick as a Snicker
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Slaughterball arrived today via Amazon seller, BIGFLY.
The game was placed facedown in an oversized box and shipped from Kentucky to be sent to California.

Box lid is damaged, rulebooks are damaged, some player aid cards are damaged. Back it goes for a full refund.
Oh well. The game looked fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
My copy of Slaughterball arrived today via Amazon seller, BIGFLY.
The game was placed facedown in an oversized box and shipped from Kentucky to be sent to California.

Box lid is damaged, rulebooks are damaged, some player aid cards are damaged. Back it goes for a full refund.
Oh well. The game looked fun to play.

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!

Check for Carnage fist marks, those little punks will destroy everything. I know how much you were looking forward to the game. That is a bummer. I will offer, if you want to make the 2 day drive without sleep, to let you come over and play a few games. Long commute but I'll let you pick your team and go first. It is a pretty good offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Reed. Very generous of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try one of the new teams let me know, I can have it painted before you arrive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately California has a strong Slaughterball following. Look up Daloonieshamen. He has a league going and is always looking for new coaches that want to check out the game! Hope you eventually manage to pick up the game, it is definitely worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing on BGG, but an internet search located the name, Daloonieshamen on Kickstarter, but they're located in Altadena, CA which is southern California. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are lucky! I just show up at random people's houses with the box and a glint in my eye. I am wanted in four counties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
You guys are lucky! I just show up at random people's houses with the box and a glint in my eye. I am wanted in four counties.
I should try that with my copy of Psycho Raiders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my god, I love that game! I use it to trick horror fans into playing a wargame. It is so good. and now I remember that I forgot to play my Halloween game of it. Wait, I worked 11a to 11p that day, that is also why I forgot!

Have you ever had the survivors win? I've played a half dozen games on both sides and been so so close with one survivor but always get taken down, I was maybe five hexes from the end, speed down to 2, everything else gone and got meathooked in the closest one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.