Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minion on Skewer cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several questions regarding the minion that I put on the Skewer card:

1a) What happens to the minion that I have put on my Skewer card, when I upgrade the card with another Skewer card? Do I keep the minion on the card stack and can still use it as a shield?
1b) What happens when I updated the card with another metal card?
1c) What happens when the whole stack gets replaced with a command of another color?
1d) What happens when the slot with a minion on a Skewer card get's damaged?

2a) Does the minion that gets placed on the Skewer card still count for the kill-counter?
2b) If yes, when does it count? The moment it is killed and put onto the card (by putting an extra minion on the kill-track), or when it is removed from the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the question 1 group, but question 2 is answered in the manual under the special Skewer entry:

MvM Rules - Skewer wrote:
Place the Minion on this card until
you use it and don’t forget to count this
kill on the tracker as well!

So:
2a) Yes
2b) The moment it is killed.

My guess for the question 1 would be:
1a)-1c) In all three cases, you have covered up the original card (even with another Skewer) and would discard the Minion on the card. There's no way to get back to that card below you on the slot.
1d) Damage only covers a slot temporarily until repaired, so the Minion could stay.

But again, those are just guesses. I'm sure Chris will give us an official ruling soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Svelix wrote:
I have several questions regarding the minion that I put on the Skewer card:

1a) What happens to the minion that I have put on my Skewer card, when I upgrade the card with another Skewer card? Do I keep the minion on the card stack and can still use it as a shield?

When Skewer is upgraded by anything other than Skewer, the minion is removed from your command line and you no longer have access to the Skewer.
Svelix wrote:
1b) What happens when I updated the card with another metal card?

Minion goes away.
Svelix wrote:
1c) What happens when the whole stack gets replaced with a command of another color?

Minion goes away in this situation as well.
Svelix wrote:
1d) What happens when the slot with a minion on a Skewer card get's damaged?

Minion also goes away; should have protected that damage with the shield...?

Svelix wrote:
2a) Does the minion that gets placed on the Skewer card still count for the kill-counter?

Yes.
Svelix wrote:
2b) If yes, when does it count? The moment it is killed and put onto the card (by putting an extra minion on the kill-track), or when it is removed from the card?

It counts immediately. You should snag another minion from the supply and drop it on the kill-track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Svelix wrote:

When Skewer is upgraded by anything other than Skewer, the minion is removed from your command line and you no longer have access to the Skewer.

So when upgrading a Skewer with another Skewer, the minion stays, in all other cases it is gone!

Thanks for clarification!
You are doing an awesome job here in the forum! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, my guesses on 1 were indeed incorrect. I'm a tad surprised you can transfer the minion from one Skewer to a newer Skewer, as you are still technically covering the card you put the minion on, but the rule is easy to apply and doesn't contradict anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Oh well, my guesses on 1 were indeed incorrect.

5/6 correct guesses is still pretty good! cool
Thanks to you, too, for all the quick answers that you give in this forum.
I really was not expecting to get answers that quickly! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svelix wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Oh well, my guesses on 1 were indeed incorrect.

5/6 correct guesses is still pretty good! cool
Thanks to you, too, for all the quick answers that you give in this forum.
I really was not expecting to get answers that quickly! thumbsup

More like 2 out of 4... I was wrong on 1a and 1d, and 2a and 2b weren't guesses.

And you're welcome! I do like to help when I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.