Subject: What's your favorite implementation of Bingo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By Bingo I mean these multiplayer solitaire games where one player picks the objects of play at random, declares what it is (usually simply by number) then all the other players play that same object however they wish (and hopefully differently to each other.)

Examples that come to mind are Limes, Karuba, Take It Easy/Higher/to the Limit, Augustus.

I'm thinking Limes will be my favorite in this genre, which is why I ordered a copy, but I haven't received it yet, so I don't yet have experience in the genre.

What are your thoughts on the genre? As it says on the tin, what's your favorite, and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I have quite a few games in this genre. My favorite is Das Labyrinth des Pharao, which I find to be a little deeper than most such games without being as fiddly as something like Take it Higher. Unfortunately it's hard to get outside Germany.

My favorite fast and easy game of this type is Finito!. There have been a lot of more recent dice-based games, though, such as Qwixx and expansions, Qwinto, Rolling Japan, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Estabrooks
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE Karuba, but have never thought of it as bingo.

Augustus would have been my choice looking at the thrad title, as long as you can convince people to play quickly, it's good fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite, though not quite fitting Melody's definition, is Machi Koro. It is dice roll bingo in which you reinvest your winnings into getting more boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I am familiar with is Augustus. I love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.