Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Journeyman and Shores are in the mail (sort of). This suggests that the kickstarter for dark frontier isn't far away.
So what's the news? Is there an estimate when the kickstarter will launch?
Are there any more sneak peaks that we should know of?
Basically, I'd love to hear some news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MCG's next Kickstarter is an expansion for Emergence Event (~2 weeks away?), followed, presumably, by Dark Frontier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
MCG's next Kickstarter is an expansion for Emergence Event (~2 weeks away?), followed, presumably, by Dark Frontier.

Thanks for the info!
So, no kickstarter until next year then. Too bad, but I guess it will allow me to save up some cash. Even though this game will come without tons of plastic, MCG are pretty good at releasing loads of expansions. So this could be a really expensive kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the comments in the recent JM update (link):

Brian wrote:
It is ready. 95% chance it launches in Jan. It is being prepped for print now. It will also be a fast turn around from launch to delivery. Not sure if we can do an early delivery option with it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
From the comments in the recent JM update (link):

Brian wrote:
It is ready. 95% chance it launches in Jan. It is being prepped for print now. It will also be a fast turn around from launch to delivery. Not sure if we can do an early delivery option with it yet.

So January can't come fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that DF is locked and loaded for a January 5th launch on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:

I think I am going to pass on this. Not happy with how things have gone with Myth JM or Recon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter approaching, any further new.
whiskemuscles wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

I think I am going to pass on this. Not happy with how things have gone with Myth JM or Recon.

Same here.

Myth: DF was a game I was 100% backing, but I'm so unhappy with the Myth situation that I'm considering selliing off everything Myth and replacing it with Kingdom Death. That includes two full Myth KS1 Captain pledges and two full Myth KS2 JM pledges + 2x all modules + 2x many other add-ons.

If I do this, I will personally refrain from ever backing a MCG Kickstarter; once bitten twice shy.

EDIT: Grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded. There is so much Myth KS2 content they haven't even sat down and developed yet. I'm definitely not supporting any further diversions in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to join in absolutely and swear I won't be backing it, because it looks really interesting, but I do largely agree with the sentiment.

I have played through the Kanis module with the new heroes and I really enjoyed it, but overall I am frustrated that Mercs doesn't seemed to have learned any lessons. Halfway through I'm asking myself - "What is Chance 1?" "What is 'Weakened Soul'?" Eventually I figured it out (from forum posts not from the rules - nowhere to be found there). I really do love the aesthetics of their games and the "feel." My favorite gaming experience, ever, hands down was teaching and playing Myth at SaltCon two-three years ago. Everyone got into it and had a blast. I just can't help feeling that the game continues to be somewhat successful despite Mercs, not because of them.

It gets exhausting trying to support a company with that kind of track record.

I have to admit I am really frustrated by the delays in Myth JM, too. I guarantee it'll be around this time next year that we actually receive everything we are due (and that seems overly optimistic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I do agree that the delays are frustrating I can definitely wait. I'm currently having a blast with Kingdom Death: Monster, and I will keep having it for at least another year. Specially considering that I have all the expansions.
This game looks like too good to pass on, and it would also give me another use for all the minis (that I hope will turn up this spring).

Edit: And I think the risk of (huge) delays is slim since this game will come with just one mini. And minis always seem to cause the biggest delays and disappointment among the backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why all the angst? Miniature Kickstarter delays,....whistle

As others have stated; this one has very little in the way of minis.

Looks like the grubbers in the main box will be punch board chits; and additional monsters and heroes will be added to the game with cards and punchboard.

I'd imagine that minis would be available if you want them; but those molds are already done or in progress if they add any JM stuff to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
Why all the angst?

Shit like, my Banner Saga Warbands turns up minus stretch goals and minus the add-ons. I mail the fulfilment guys looking for a second box with my name on it, who mail MCG for answers. Only after this does MCG post an update saying "oh yeah guys, we're sending the other stuff later". Up until that point they were positively boasting about how simple this fulfilment was.

Oh and I asked if there was a mistake, because you know I'm due a special Kickstarter-only numbered collector/deluxe box thinggy "with all the trims", and special Kickstarter-only cards "with extra gold leaf trim" or some such stuff, and my box looks pretty regular. So Keith goes down to Kable to check it out and reports "nope, just checked, no number, hrm...". as if to pretend they expected limited numbered boxes, when in the same breath they said these are the same boxes going to retail (think about it).

I'm still waiting for my second JM base game pledge, as is everyone else. I did in fact pay to have it shipped, and so far, we're just waiting for MCG to contact each of us personally (wtf for? Just send the missing pledges; or do you want MORE shipping money from me?).

And JM will be later than Conan by the time we have all the modules and stretch goals, so not exactly like "every other minis KS" as you suggest. You do realise Conan was derided as Slownan by many for months, and most every reviewer commented on it FINALLY getting here (great game btw).

Other than AC: Inferno, most every CMoN campaign I've backed has been 6 months or less late. Oh, and Zombicide did deliver 6-months late on all the extra content, bit the core game was completely playable when shipped early.

I personally find Myth near unplayable without the modules, and I acknowledge that is a personal choice and not MCG-related, but it does mean I have $2000 worth of stuff I can't readily use... and it's been this way for a long tie me and I've still perhaps a year to wait...

They've asked if backers want another split wave for JM, which of course backers will pay for in shipping fees. Naturally the US backers, making up prob 80% say yes. So do int'l backers now oay double the int'l shipping fees? Maybe we will have the choice, but even if we do, it's all ver unclear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
Why all the angst? Miniature Kickstarter delays,....whistle

As others have stated; this one has very little in the way of minis.

Looks like the grubbers in the main box will be punch board chits; and additional monsters and heroes will be added to the game with cards and punchboard.

I'd imagine that minis would be available if you want them; but those molds are already done or in progress if they add any JM stuff to it.

Assuming the angst is all driven by miniature delays is either niave or willful ignorance.

We have:

1. Crappy rulebook after crappy rule book
2. Poor, poor communication. I let two people piggyback on my JM pledge. Did not get all of my wave two and I am still waiting to hear the resolution.
3. Lack of accountability. Every issue that pops up is blamed on a vendor they use. Being the company that hired the vendors the buck stops with them, not the vendors.

Finally, delays happen but JM is the third major miniature project of MCG. Not one of these projects have gone smoothly. Even if the miniatures are delayed than get us the 2.0 cards for all the 1st Kickstarter material. The saddest part of all is good customer service goes miles in patching mistakes and ill will. Unfortunately, MCG has delays and poor customer service.

I love Myth but MCG has dropped the ball so much I have trouble fronting any money for a new product I am not already invested in when my faith in the company is at an all time loW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I will back DF as it seems to be a fun, thematic coop and will for sure expand the existing MYTH-verse. I also expect this to be more of a $100 than a $500 project, so it is a risk taken more ligthly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope not. I was hoping for $50-$60...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to get more Myth stuff on the back of this KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
I'm hoping to get more Myth stuff on the back of this KS

Thay said this in the last kickstarter update for Journeyman:
Quote:
It is a great game. Looks amazing. Expands the Myth universe. And will have some Myth surprises in it.

So I guess both our wishes will be fulfilled!

@Others

They also said this:
Quote:
Many months ago, I spoke about our next Kickstarters being quick, easy, and concise. Dark Frontier is the third of four along that line. Dumpster Diver was the first and is already complete and fulfilled. Emergence Event Galaxy Edition ended two weeks ago and the first half is shipping out next week. Dark Frontier is similar. It is completely designed and all the art is done. All elements will be in production when the KS ends, and Zibo's only mold responsibility is the Farrenroc miniature.

So if nothing untoward happens this kickstarter should be fulfilled fairly quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
yamato2 wrote:
Why all the angst?

Shit like, my Banner Saga Warbands turns up minus stretch goals and minus the add-ons. I mail the fulfilment guys looking for a second box with my name on it, who mail MCG for answers. Only after this does MCG post an update saying "oh yeah guys, we're sending the other stuff later". Up until that point they were positively boasting about how simple this fulfilment was.

Except for the fact that they said during the campaign that the base game would ship first and stretch goals later. They also reiterated that only the base game and minis were coming right before the shipping started. Sometimes the communication issues are on our end whistle

MCG have made plenty of big time errors (totally agree about the numbered boxes, etc. It looks like it was just completely forgotten), but they have eaten the shipping on lots of stuff prior when things were missed or delayed. So the willingness to fix things that go wrong has always been a great sign to me. Shipping is just now so prohibitively expensive that I understand why it has to be charged post campaign.

I really like the DF game. If it is as shown at GenCon; then it will only have the four alt gender hero minis; and the to-be-produced Ferrenroc city mini in the box; so it should not be mini heavy. The grubbers, muckers, orcneas, look to be punchboard chits (with players having the option of subbing in monster minis. It sounds like content will be added during the KS that will be rules, chit, and cards to add existing monsters and heroes to the game (ones that already have existing minis).

So my point about angst was about DF,.... not the previous mini-centric games. It should be a fast production when they don't have 80+ sculpts to do post-campaign.

The game as demoed was quite fun; and I'm looking forward to it even unrelated to the Myth universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter approaching, any further news?
yamato2 wrote:
Geoff wrote:
yamato2 wrote:
Why all the angst?

Except for the fact that they said during the campaign that the base game would ship first and stretch goals later. They also reiterated that only the base game and minis were coming right before the shipping started. Sometimes the communication issues are on our end whistle

Where'd I they say this? I'm talking about Banner Saga, not Myth JM. MCG kept quiet about not sending everything until after packages started arriving. Backers were surprised, only then did MCG fess up:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/the-banner...

And you think MCG "forgot" to make a limited collector box and cards with special trim? How incompetent do you think they are? Banner Saga Update prior to campaign end:

Your Version Is Special
We've always known this... but here is the secret. The KS version of Warbands is a limited-run collector’s edition. Your copy of Warbands has a print number on the box. We are only printing 2k. Both versions have the quality components you expect from a MegaCon game, but the KS version is going to have some special treatments on some cards and the box that the retail version won’t have. It is the premier version of the game. And you all get it with your pledge.

Speaking for myself, only extreme fanboyism, or dishonesty, could make me see that as something a company "forgets".

And I've been quite the vocal MCG defender (3 guys in a basement, good morals/ethics, great ideas, want to make things right, put their foot in their mouth at times is all, biting off more than they can chew with their KS vision, trying hard to get off the ground, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
So my point about angst was about DF,.... not the previous mini-centric games. It should be a fast production when they don't have 80+ sculpts to do post-campaign.

Your point about angst was about DF, but it was a complete non-sequitur. Nobody said they were passing on the project because they were worried that they wouldn't get DF in a timely manner. They could have DF ready to be airlifted to my house tomorrow, and I still wouldn't front them any more of my money, for all of the reasons mentioned in the comments above.

It seems that you are being deliberately obtuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timelines, also don't answer my concerns about Mercs ability to learn from their mistakes. There are still omitted rules and keyword explanations in the JM base boxes. Not to mention some basic editing mistakes in the rules as well.

Those are the kinds of things that irritate me and make me not really willing to gamble on them again.

I sold Mercs: Recon at a huge loss after backing it on KS and being really disappointed with how unfinished the project actually was.

My love for Myth gameplay keeps me around but I just want them to come out with a good solid game completely free from issues. They honestly have yet to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peppepeppe69 Santa
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am upset with MCG guys and I am out from their other KS. As many of you I pledged Myth Journeyman, knowing the history of the previous KS, and hping that their comments on the KS were sincere.
They knows how to run a KS (speaking about Myth) and they have designed a produce a wonderful and incomplete game.
In the joy of that KS I pledged almost 1000$ (and purchasing the original game from retail); from that moment I have waited with a lot of patience that they redeemed themselves giving Myth the attention needed. And I have waited, waited, waited. I still not played one game of Myth waiting for them.
After all these years I still don't understand why they have thinned themselves in so different and not so successful games instead to focus on their most beautiful creature (thinks to Poots and KDM for example), why they have removed the 5 story form the first manual and they have not released them as 2.0. They said to us that they understood the importance to prepare modules to give us containts to play, and overhauled the base Myth and forget to define properly the bridge that have permitted us to travel from novice to journeyan heroes.
I know that we can have house rules or became GM (never plaied a standard GDR), but I wanted what they promised in the Myth KS.
Why they have not delivered, together with the new expansions, all the materials paid and purchased in the Myth Journeyman KS related to the first KS. Why I have to play Rise of the Revenants and proxy shamblers when they existed at the time of the Myth J KS. Why they have not delivered them, rats, cyclops and elementals. When is it supposed to receive this materials already produced and paid?
FLyng Frogs people were attacked by a lot of people because they delivered pieces of their Brimstone KS to retail before; is it so different from me (I know that a lot of you have partecipated to the first KS and so you are not touched by this problem).
In conclusion I still love Myth design, I still see myself play in the next 3-4 years only to Myth, Brimstone, KDM and Gloomhaven, but I am beginning to lose faith in MCG for all their bad choices in these years.
It is not possible to review the quests system, introducing the new modules system, removing previous story and don't substuite them with only...you have titles, play the chain quests to the boss as you wish and upgrade your heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter approaching, any further news?;
Hey as a nice Christmas bonus, MCG are opening up the Banner Saga PM where we now have to pay shipping if we want our stretch goals and add-ons. Y'know, the stretch goals they did not tell us were missing until *after* the pledges arrived. Nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/the-banner...

Wait, what, seems the comments are full of upset backers, that's strange, and unexpected whistle.

In all seriousness, unless this is a mistake, MCG will be the first creator to withhold product without telling backers, then demand additional shipping fees for said product; at least in the 100 or so KS' I have backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, another Christmas bonus from MCG!

After accidentally not shipping anyone's add-on pledges for Myth: JM, and promising to sort everyone out, I just this morning received a very nice present:

An invoice to pay MCG an extra $10 for them to ship the box they forgot to send the first time round!

Yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.