Subject: Barricade Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Schmohl
Germany
Münster, Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
We had a small discussion about the barricade tokens, which are placed in sovjet reinforcment areas.

1) It is not possible for militia, sniper and tank units which are on the board to move in or out, correct?

2) But i.e. if the revolutionary player place one barricade token at Szena Square, Headquarters or Csepel the sovjet player is still able to spawn there units by SPA cards, right?

Thx,
Seb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on both counts.

Barricade blocks movement moving out and morale loss, nothing else.

EDIT: Thanks Mityu for the more precise wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I need to correct Dave in one regard.

A barricade prevents militia, snipers and soviet tanks to move out of its location. Moving in and placing ("spawning") is not restricted.

1) That means your first assumption is only partly correct, as only moving out is impossible.
2) That also anwsers your second question: it is absolutely possible to spawn anything into a barricade (militia, sniper or soviet tank) by any means (SPA cards, Headline/Zhukov cards, Command Points, Events, etc).

Nice catch, though! I hope others will find this thread useful in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Worth noting that spawning or moving units into a barricaded location would mean that those units then couldn't move out. It might be a good move for the Soviet player in the endgame, to protect an event or kill a player, but it would probably be a poor one early on in the game.

EDIT: Just discovered that it's possible to destroy barricades, which makes it a less dangerous thing to do.

(Yes, this is an old thread, but I just played my first game of this, and I'm playing catch-up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's too much to hope that a barricade can be built BEFORE taking tank fire? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 wrote:
I suppose it's too much to hope that a barricade can be built BEFORE taking tank fire? whistle

It is
The tank fires before you do the action (altough you may still complete it, even if one of the involved fighters should die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.